gauge clusters??

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonder if a non diesel cluster would work other then the tach? truck would be a 92 since thats what wirings in it.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking the other day at something's, and I bet it would. The wiring pin outs from gas to diesel are the same, other than a dedicated ground for the tach on the diesel cluster.

Now the question becomes, do those wires carry similiar electric signals? I can't answer that part.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need the whole cluster, or are just certain gauges / components inop? The components just pull out of the base, and they're pretty-much the same between diesel and gaso except for the tach (which is why they put the "{whichever fuel} ONLY" statement on the tach). If you found a good gasser cluster you could try putting the components from it (or whichever ones are inop) onto your existing cluster.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the deal is I put a 96 cab on my 88 with 92 wiring so I figured if I could use a gassers cluster I'd be a lot closer then using the 96 powerstroke cluster like I been which only speedo oil press and volts work

If I went with a gasser cluster I would give me all the lights such as the high beam light when there on and the brake light when you push the ebrake then I'd only have to find a diesel tach.