Gages & Exhaust

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Ok I've got some extra dough burning a hole in my pocket but I don't know what route to go. Summit Racing has a 4" turbo to tail exhaust for $400, but I don't know of anyone that has used this system yet. Is it worth a hoot?

Second, what gages are ya'll running? I had DiPricol in my Dodge, but the local diesel shop only has Auto Meter and Issopro. What's best?

Thanks,

Brian [><]

jvencius

Reaction score
For right around that price point, ITP has a MBRP aluminized exhaust that I'd take over an un-branded Summit exhaust any day of the week. In your neck of the woods I can't really see a need for stainless since you don't get salty roads in wintertime like my folks in the NE part of the country do. Dennis (the fellow who owns ITP) is a stand-up guy to do business with and if he sells a product, it's good stuff.

Last edited:

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm definately going aluminum...stainless is way to expensive and unnecessary down here.

I think the guy at Gerharts was smoking crack when I asked him about the gages. He said it would only be about $150 for the boost and EGT gages, but maybe that was the labor for them. What looks best in the trucks?

Brian [><]

jvencius

Reaction score
rebel_horseman said:
Thanks. I'm definately going aluminum...stainless is way to expensive and unnecessary down here.

I think the guy at Gerharts was smoking crack when I asked him about the gages. He said it would only be about $150 for the boost and EGT gages, but maybe that was the labor for them. What looks best in the trucks?

Brian [><]

I've got Isspro EV's and they look really dang close to the factory gauges. I'm pleased with how they respond and would probably buy 'em again.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all of the gauge makers are about equal in quality and accuracy. Basicly, your decision will be 95% LOOK, and 5% function.

A set of three gauges (boost, pyro, and tranny or rear dif temp) and pillar mount should run about 300 bucks for a cheaper set of gauges. The cobalts I have were about 500 for the setup.

I can do a full gauge install in about 3 hours. Its not HARD. just time consuming trying to keep everything neat and clean.

Holler if you want a hand, your not far from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online