Fugly but functional bench seat repair

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick write up on how I repaired my 94 F250 bench seat.
I'm not a cheapskate, I'll spend money if needed but I am frugal and this truck is only used for hunting so I'm not spending bux to replace stuff. The drivers side was sagging worse than my man boobs so I ripped the seat out and pulled off the nasty cover to assess the damage. The rear rod that runs the length of the seat next to the frame was busted clean off a good 6" from the end of the frame which in turn caused the wires to break and collapse . That put extra pressure on the horizontal mounting plate on the end which bent the whole mess and allowed the drivers side to sag a good 9", felt like I was sitting on the floor. After assessing the situation and not having a welder, (yes I am ashame) I bought some baling wire, all thread, two 1/ 4 washers, 4 small hose clamps and two lock nuts.
I drilled a hole in the end of the seat frame and ran the all thread along the rod and inside the spring hooks. Then I hose clamped the all thread and rod together and secured the entire length by wrapping it with bailing wire. The wires stretching from the front to the back of the seat were rebent and restrung. The broken ones had hooks reformed on the ends and then strung to back of the seat frame with baling wire. One the frame was finished I put a piece of sound deadening mat across the wires to add support, then glued a piece of faux leather to the bottom of the seat cushion. It's not perfect and it won't win awards but it sure helped with the sagging. The foam was in pretty good shape albeit compacted but I'll replace that at a later date.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle