Fuel trim screw A.K.A. torque screw

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like i say right now its sorta a play truck/daily driver. and i keep it on the low in the city so i dont git in trouble. even though its more fun that way!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If you already have a ton of smoke it might be kinda hard to tell if your getting any more

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I have a few words for those of you that pull that coal rolling BS. You have absolutely NO room to complain about those ricers revving their buzzbombs or those rich ******** that fly by you in their brand new Porsche. I know quite a few of you that brag about your misbehavior and then turn right around and complain about theirs. You are no better than they are when you pull those stunts and are bound to get us all a bad name. In fact, you already have...

Have you not once wondered why they are tightening emissions on new diesels each year? They are already putting the ball in motion to get us shut down. Hence all this sudden states are popping up with fines for doing it. "Oh they don't care about it in my state, hahaha!" ....yet.

Going out and having fun once in a while is fine with me, you paid for those shiny parts to make your truck perform the way you want it to. But modding purely to smoke like a freight train earns you the rant you read in above paragraphs.

-Dave

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
i dont mean like some of the PSD and cummins guys roll coal but just something to look at once in a while. i have mine turned up one flat, when i romp it to the floor i get some black smoke, not freight train. once i get my pyro i will turn it up some more but not retarded like some people do, no offense dyoung

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
mines turned up 2 flats and all i get is a nice light gray hazy smoke on a hard take off or pullin a hill, other than that its just a slight haze while cruising...just about perfect. I dont care to "roll coal" as i see coal everyday, plus i like my money in my wallet...not going out my exhaust.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I thinks we need a blowing smoke thread in the stickies that can go on forever.

As far as the torque screw, its' been awhile since I hashed this subject, but it seems to me some trucks, had the torque screw, but it was essentially adjusted to full fuel from factory. So adjusting it won't show any change toward more fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online