Fuel Return T's on a 6.9 IDI

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a word of caution, you have to advance your pump to compensate for the G codes cause they have a higher pop off rating. Something like 15% more advance (if your set at 8* BTDC then you would have to bump it up to 9.2*...thats the basic principle).

Just wondering where you came to believe that. I've not read that in any manual. 15% more advance would be 54 degrees. :dunno

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
For those interested in my conversations with Pensacola I found out the following:

1. Most Delphi injectors sold new today are BB Codes.

2. BB Codes are set at 1900psi

3. G Codes are set at 2100psi

4. A remanufactured set of BB's is $108.00 from them, a reman set of G codes is about $150.00

5. The tech said one would never notice the difference between the two in a vehicle - that mostly what folks sense is that they have new injectors and that any real benefit is that the injectors are new.

6. Supposedly he's never had a new Delphi fail on him that he knows of...

So Pensacola is the place to go based on price.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Mel....it was just kinda thinking outloud. I was thinking that BB codes were 1700psi, and G codes where 2000psi. 2000/1700 = roughly 15% more psi. So if you had your timing set at 8* before....8* x 1.15 = 9.2*. Just thinking outloud :D. Here's a question though that I dont know. When you time a motor before with BB codes and its at say 8* btdc...then you switch over to G codes which effectivly retards the timing, does that mean the timing meter will read a more retarted timing number, or will it remain at 8*?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure that the 200 PSI difference in injector settings would really translate to a timing variance. Fuel doesn't compress, and nothing is going to slow down the plungers, so regardless of the opening presure of the injector, the fuel is coming out when the pump says so. IF there was to be a timing variance, it would be due to the ever so slight additional expansion of the injector line which could theoretically occur, but I don't think a 200 PSI difference would translate into something you could actually measure. This is probably why the manuals all state the same timing values regardless of what injectors you have, or if your engine is turbocharged or not. What the higher opening presure probably gives you more than anything is perhaps better atomization due to increased pintle chatter. Don't sweat it. I'm just thinking out loud too. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance