Fuel Return T's on a 6.9 IDI

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm starting to tear apart all my fuel return lines, T's, etc. in anticipation of my kit arriving so I can nip my fuel leak in the bud.

So I remove my #1 injector line nut, comes off ok, move it out of the way.

I'm having some trouble popping the return T off (the plastic low pressure return T) and I notice that at the top of it there's a flat gasket?!!? It's split - it's sitting on the top of the plastic T between the high pressure line's nut and the plastic cap. I pull it out with a pair of needle noses.

Now. I cannot find this gasket ANYWHERE in any schematic. Any ideas? Why would this be there?

I wonder if someone put that there gawd knows how long ago as a way to stop a low pressure leak? Weird.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That or I wonder if they had a hard time getting the cap to seat so they cheated and used it in conjunction with the hard line to help seat it.:dunno

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yup that looks extra, i think you had it with someone tried something new to seal the system up.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Dagnabbit at this point I might as well do my injectors too...G codes here I come...

Just a word of caution, you have to advance your pump to compensate for the G codes cause they have a higher pop off rating. Something like 15% more advance (if your set at 8* BTDC then you would have to bump it up to 9.2*...thats the basic principle).

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
So I just talked a local outfit down to less than it would cost me to get them from Pensacola or Midwest. These are brand new Delphis.

What is the failure rate like on new untested injectors? Just wondering if I should pay the bench time to have these new ones tested...

$50.00 for all 8

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the recommended fix to keep the caps down, an extra o-ring to keep them from riding up. They hold the cap down pretty good. Someone also could not have changed them properly, surprise surprise.
I am going to say it again, I like my rebuilt e codes way better than my new g codes, I will sell my set of g's that are all reset to within 10 lbs and ready to install if someone wants them.pm me

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
After much deep and profound brain things inside my head (guess where the quote is from!) I decided to order BB Codes from Pensacola for $19.00ea.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEW ??that is a hell of a deal.

WOW I just checked the site they are really low on those, delphi is ok I have put in lots of sets of them, not one bad one.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
NEW ??that is a hell of a deal.

WOW I just checked the site they are really low on those, delphi is ok I have put in lots of sets of them, not one bad one.

Yeah I know....I was tempted to click the checkout button when I had it all listed with the price it said LOL. Thats pretty cheap right there ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
What is the failure rate like on new untested injectors? Just wondering if I should pay the bench time to have these new ones tested...

$50.00 for all 8

Well the last set I got from Midwest were brand spankin new Stanadyes and 3 of the 11 pop tested bad.:dunno

For that price, it wouldn't hurt to have em checked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron