fuel return system

93f250invt

Reaction score
I need some help every where i've looked on the forum mentions a crossover fuel line but my factory sytem on my 93 turbo doesn't crossover the driver side returns to the tank and the passenger side goes back to the preheater/fuel filter just wondering if this is a different setup?

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No it does not flow back into the filter head. Many owners feel this line from the passenger side returns flows that way but it does not. That brass fitting on the filter head is a one way check valve. It only allows air to escape from the filter head. Now they do break down and will flow both directions. Think about the pressure in the filter head.. Its up around 6 lbs... Now whats the fuel pressure in the gravity flow return lines... Just about nothing. It flows back to the tanks all down hill. Did someone tell you this return line flows back into the filter head...:dunno:angel: Just wonder where the misinformation generates from..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
just wasn't too sure how it all worked but thank you for the helpfull information

Your very welcome. Because you asked the question so many more will be helped by what I post. So your doing a favor to the mass of members that do not know this about that return line FROM the filter head... Believe me, I wondered what direction that valve went too. I got several of them from the wrecked trucks in the pnp only to find they sucked and blow both ways. It wasn't till I actually bought a new one from Oregon Fuel Injection that I found out how they are supposed to function. So I share what I know with you and everyone...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online