Fuel pumps, what'cha got and why that one?

DragRag

Reaction score
That's the problem with threads like this. It's the same as the one before it... and the one before that... and the one before that one. Your just being lazy, and putting the ownes on everyone else to hand you the info.

I understand your rational, but if we all thought like that there would not be very many posts here. There are not to many new mods for these truck and with the thousands of thread, and posts in the 6.9/7.3 section I suppose most everything has just about been covered. I guess I am done posting here. Na, I think I will go on asking questions that some one has likely answered already. Almost any question here after all has probably been answered already, or close to it. I guess we could post craigslist adds here.:rotflmao Seriously though, sometimes the search box doesn't work that well. Plus asking questions gives you pros an opportunity to show everyone how much you know.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Black dawg

Reaction score
stock pump. cant bring myself to put something on my truck that will make it less reliable. also on the searching thing, sometimes people need to be asked again because all you usually find searching is when the modification was still new and working good, and they simply dont post when over time it doesnt work out.

hayisforhorses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is kinda funny to me because my daily driver is a 99 2500 cummins and most of those guys talk about high end fass which i got onmyh rig and alot of talk of elect pump failures and how they could convert to mech pumps. my new project is the truck in my sig and everyone hear is wanting to go elect. Why? I have a butchered fuel selector valve and plumbing done direct to just the front tank, instead of reancarnating it to original i was thinking of running a carter pump to just transfer fuel from the rear tank into the filler neck of the front tank and run it of a toggle switch in the cab, both tanks level switch work. this would give me the fuel capacity of both tanks for about $70, what do you think?

stonecrusher

Reaction score
Im working on putting a fass 95gph on mine but Im gonna do some serious work in the future. But for now I have an electric pump from autozone right off of the nylon tank lines

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is kinda funny to me because my daily driver is a 99 2500 cummins and most of those guys talk about high end fass which i got onmyh rig and alot of talk of elect pump failures and how they could convert to mech pumps. my new project is the truck in my sig and everyone hear is wanting to go elect. Why? I have a butchered fuel selector valve and plumbing done direct to just the front tank, instead of reancarnating it to original i was thinking of running a carter pump to just transfer fuel from the rear tank into the filler neck of the front tank and run it of a toggle switch in the cab, both tanks level switch work. this would give me the fuel capacity of both tanks for about $70, what do you think?

Never thought about that before but that seems like a really good idea.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your rational, but if we all thought like that there would not be very many posts here.

I understand what you are saying, but it does get old answering the exact same question over and over again........every two days or so............ you know what I mean? Not to argue, but just saying, it can be monotonous.:D

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully a tech article on converting to an electric pump will solve the issue of this particular thread repeating. I plan to do one hopefully soon.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen scads of electric fuel pumps in JEGS and SUMMIT, some seem to be pretty affordable.
My question: can an electric fuel pump intended for use with gasoline be used with diesel without any repurcussions, or do you have to get an electric pump specifically for use with diesel?

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, but yeah, to my way of thinking, I wouldn't figure running diesel through a gas pump would hurt anything, possibly even help it a bit because of the fact that diesel is a lubricant of sorts.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. The main issue would just be any rubber compatability which doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Hopefully a tech article on converting to an electric pump will solve the issue of this particular thread repeating. I plan to do one hopefully soon.

Mel, im currently working on installing a Carter P4070 in my truck, if youd like i could take some pictures and do a write up as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online