Front shocks

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got my front end up on stands now doing wheel bearings, thought I could do shocks while I'm in there. The current shocks look ancient and rusty. Is there a particular shock that anyone can vouch for? Or just a generic shock from my LAPS. My shock has the round bushing mount in bottom with the bolt on top.

I see both Napa and advanced have a 25 or so dollar shock, and a more expensive one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote Bilsteins! Either 5100's or the yellow bodies with a blue boot... forgot what series they are.

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, they sure are proud of their stuff. 80 bucks a piece for the 4600 series. That's a little rich for my blood.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KYB's , used them on everything over the years and just put two in my F240 4x4 and scored them from rock auto for 15$ EACH!

Just checked RockAuto, they have the nice KYB's for 50 + and the others for 21-27 Each, I really like the ride in my truck

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking of replacing shocks to. mine look the same.. thinking of going with the Monroe Monro-Matic Plus 20.99 fronts and 26.99 rears tho im thinking only fronts right now.

any opinion on these?

OP sorry to high jack but hate to start another about shocks.

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't buy Gabriel's from AutoZone. Very dissapointed in the performance. They were cheap, but I figured they would last a *little* longer than the 2 months they gave me.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
im thinking of replacing shocks to. mine look the same.. thinking of going with the Monroe Monro-Matic Plus 20.99 fronts and 26.99 rears tho im thinking only fronts right now.

any opinion on these?

OP sorry to high jack but hate to start another about shocks.

I thought about those but went with the yellow monroe gas magnum shocks instead. The monro-matic shocks gave me a real half ton truck vibe. The only shocks I have not liked are the Rancho 5000's, they were great off road, but were horrible on the street. I wouldn't mind trying the adjustable Rancho 9000's, but are a bit spendy around $100 each.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about those but went with the yellow monroe gas magnum shocks instead. The monro-matic shocks gave me a real half ton truck vibe. The only shocks I have not liked are the Rancho 5000's, they were great off road, but were horrible on the street. I wouldn't mind trying the adjustable Rancho 9000's, but are a bit spendy around $100 each.

i did end up getting a set for the front i put them on friday... i aint drove the truck since.. ill let everyone know how they feel at least.