Front Leaf Spring Bushings

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I'm going to replace my bushings. What are the advantages and disadvantages of stock vs aftermarket poly bushings?
I see rock auto has DORMAN 722015 shackles with both bushings and bolt ( at lest that is what is in the picture) but the are like $86. They have the bushings for $5-7 and bolt for $2-3. Has anyone used them? What about the rock auto $7 leaf sring u bolts anyone used them? $7 Thats pretty cheap, scares me, China?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with stock rubber spring bushings and stock rubber cab / body mounts vs the poly stuff is: Typically the poly stuff is cheaper however IMO there's a noticeable difference in ride quality and road noise. Stock replacement leaf spring bushings can be problematic to replace while the spring is still attached to the axle often requiring a torch to remove and a large "C"-clamp to re-install. Recently replaced all of mine on rear springs with Moog and I'm well pleased.
You must be registered for see images attach

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Thanks for all you replies. I was thinking poly would ride hard or transmit more vibration or road noise, thats why I asked. Thanks IDIOIT but I'm only looking to do front now. I think I'll stick with rubber. It has been there for 23 years and has served its purpose. I used poly only a sway bar my girlfriends s-10 blazer (I know I didn't pay for it) and I was not impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online