Front crank seal sleeve availability?

87F250

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to replace the front crank seal on my 1990 7.3. I have the new seal but I'm having difficulty finding the "speedy sleeve". Does anyone have the part number for this sleeve? My International dealer and local Napa have been no help. Is it still available? I may not need one but I'd like to have one on hand just in case.

Thanks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nappa speedi sleeve made by Balkamp... Part number 600-4296... Good insurance just in case your dampner is worn... They usually are deeply worn and installing a new seal in the groove will ruin it very fast... Then you back into it but this time your mad at it for failing....

87F250

Reaction score
Napa says that Balkamp part has been "obsoleted" and is no longer available. I figured the two places I should be able to find this sleeve would be IH or Napa, but it appears not to be, so far.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That stinks if that one has gone obsolete at napa because all the other ones that show up in the books don't fit.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are the pics of the parts.
fel pro is for the rear main.
fed-mogul/national is for the harmonic balancer.
do not use any other brand. they will not fit right and give you lots of heartburn.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do not use any other brand. they will not fit right and give you lots of heartburn.

You must be correct. I got one for the harmonic balancer for my 7.3 from one of the chain stores, and it wouldn't quite fit. I was in a hurry and had a lathe available, so I cut a couple thou off the balancer to make it fit.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The National one must be the manufacturer for the balkamp one. That part number needs to find it's way to the oarts bin. A person can go crazy trying to find a sleeve for a balancer.Even Napa gave me a wrong fit one, Wasn't till Gary came up with that Ballkamp number that I was able to get one that fit from Napa

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is another way around this seal issue... I have found several new dampners on ebay... I bought one last week for $50.00... Nice part too... No need for a speedi sleeve but I may instal one anyway... Then my dampner will last longer.... Replacing a sleeve is way cheaper than a dampner any day....

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto has both sleeves and the rear install tool.

Search using PN:
99250 - Front sleeve and install tool. They list National, Dorman and SKF. $24.57 for the national.
16256 - Rear sleeve. They list Fel-Pro only. $8.57
16301 - Rear install tool. Fel=Pro. $20.51

Not sure about the quality on the rear parts, but I ordered a front and it looks identical to the one Calvin posted.