front axle bushings

fordpower21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im goin to be doin the front axle bushings this weekend is there anything that i should be aware of or tips

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
im goin to be doin the front axle bushings this weekend is there anything that i should be aware of or tips

I assume that you are talking about the pivot bushings at the drop brackets. If so, the driver's side isn't too bad, but the passenger side is a PITA! :mad: There is a thread not too long ago where a member was asking about installing the bolt and nut for the passenger side. I had to almost completely removed the passenger side axle and shaft to the hub in order to get the new bushing in. The driver's side can be driven in from the front of the vehicle with a BFH and something placed on the new bushing to keep from damaging it (I used a 2"x4" piece of wood). The passenger side goes in from the rear, but the shaft out of the pumpkin blocks access for a clean blow from a hammer. BE SURE TO HAVE GOOD HEAVY DUTY JACK STANDS because I had to place mine behind the rear shackle of the front springs to be able to unbolt the axles from the springs.

If you're talking about the spring bushings at the shackle, just get a good torch for removal... -Flame Thr LOL:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online