From the Blue Oval Office

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
Just a short greeting and not to stray from posting rules, my IDI is superlative and survived a high speed journey through a very deeply flooded road section near the Abbotsford Airport the other day (See the news, Fraser Valley and other areas flooding - puts us on the map:yell: ) Yes, not a big deal, but I have modified significantly the access for air from the vehicle front, including waves of water:angel: )
In any case, as a "Junior Memeber" (I'm assuming) best get on with bulking up these posts, and don't want to be the last one from TDS to sign in:sorry:
Lorne

P.S. Hi Fred:moon:

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
welcome & show us pics.
is it safe to assume you're running a snorkel? i've seen some really clean land rover (or similar) adaptations, but would like more volume than it looks like (to me,anyway) they would provide (maybe dual snorkels?)
been wanting a very different air delivery system for a while. i have some off-the-wall ideas, and don't mind getting out the saw when & if i figure the right one out. - through the hood, cowl induction, shelby style fender scoops, snorkels...

Last edited:

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
No, its not a snorkel, at least not one of the vertical "go through rivers" styles (on re-reading my initial post I see I may have left the wrong impression; I did manage to avoid a large wave of water though). I have a 5" flex hose running between the ATS filter housing and the front of the grill where there was enough room to fab a rectangular heating floor fixture (its a funnel like transition from about 3"x10" rectangle to the 5" round) and place it to the left of the rad. I modified the upper rad brace which provided the rectangular orifice required. Within the grill area I added sort of a rectangular funnel which collects a fairly large area of frontal "ram air" and directs it inwards. Having run this truck all its life with the turbo on it, I've gained a fair bit of familiarity on how its working, and this induction mod gave me noticable changes on my boost gauge, especially cruising at highway speeds, where slack throttle seems to show about .5 lbs.
I'd love to post some pictures, especially the cab/ interior which I'm imensely proud of and has been a family favourite since completion about 5/6 years ago.
However, I'm not in "the know" on adding pictures, although I have lots of digital images available.
Heck, right now I can't seem to find the "smilies" either?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I'd be interested in some insight and photos also. Might help my air flow as I'm gonna stay N/A on this one.

Ron:peelout

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lorne, glad you made it over. Do you know how to email pictures to people? If so, you can email them to me, and I'll post them for you.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Originally posted by L.Wilkinson
[Heck, right now I can't seem to find the "smilies" either? [/B]

Instead of using the reply window at the bottom of the thread, click on "reply" above or below all the posts or click on "quote." When you do that the smilies appear to the left on the screen. there is a place below those to click for more (small type). Welcome to OB.NET. The old gang is rolling in steadily.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Lorne,

If you click on REPLY right below the last reply in the thread you will open up the reply page which is different than the "quick reply" box located below the main thread. On the reply page you will find a large list of smileys to play with. Also below the reply text box you will find a place to attach files. This is where you want to place your file extension of pics to attach to your message. Make sure your pic is smaller than 155K bytes. If its not, you can resize it in your photo editing program. Or you can download one like IRFANVIEW for free off the net and use it to resize your pics. Then save the pic to your hard drive and uplaod it with the browse button. Save the pic as a jpg. as they seem to uplaod the best.

Hope this info is helpful for you.

Mike

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
Well, my computer savy may yet be lacking :smash: , but forwarding a few shots Mel, is certainly within my comfort zone!:Thumbs Up .
Quite a warm welcome, and thanks for the info Mike, I'll test my abilities to follow your instructions.
Lorne

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like we got ya hooked up on the smileys ;) I know that attaching a pic is right around the corner for you. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314