Fram filter site??? Anybody??

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a Fram user too, This board is the only place I've ever met someone that has has a bad expreiance with them. My opinion is its like the oil brand debate, or the K/N air filter prefrence, use what you like and if you have a problem with it, switch to somethin else.
Having worked in manufacturing, I know most people just dont care anymore when it come to quality so alot of crap gets shipped out the door.
On the other hand, I changed the oil in the 86 the other day and used a MOTORCRAFT filter and noticed the filter cartrige inside was loose!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
We had a Wix rep come in and buy one of each of our filters, including Fram. Cardboard element supports on the ends, flat tin bypass spring, etc. Unless they've improved them, they are trash. I blew two of them off my turbo 3.8 way back when. At any rate, we also lost a couple on other vehicles as that was what the local parts store sold.

I've told the story before, but I saw a Wix fail on a PowerStroke once. They recalled the filter, but we had already sold some. The threads were not cut properly, causing them to back off. At any rate, they replaced a customer of our parts stores engine, with a new one, not remanufactured, but with a new crate motor. Gave him a loner truck, etc. You can pretty much guess what I run.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that kind of standing behind your product. I use Fram if I have to for fuel and air filtration but not for oil. Too critical. Before anyone says it I realize the air filtration is also critical especially with a turbo but I've not heard any complaints about their air filters.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I like that kind of standing behind your product. I use Fram if I have to for fuel and air filtration but not for oil. Too critical. Before anyone says it I realize the air filtration is also critical especially with a turbo but I've not heard any complaints about their air filters.

There are comparisons out there as well, I read a couple of them, I believe from the same article Mel was talking about. They mentioned the paper thickness and material.

Someday, I need to go get a Wix and Fram and cut them apart, just to see if they improved on them any. Most in the business say if Fram would spend half their advertising budget on a better product, they might have something! When I became manager of the parts store, they were the first thing to go, I refused to sell them! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin