Fram filter site??? Anybody??

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Last year I found a Fram filter site that had cross references, specs. on everything about each filter, what vehicle/engine each filter fit, thread size & pitch, micro rating, etc, etc.....oil filters, fuel filters, etc.
I thought it was at Fram's site, but now all I can find is just some basic info. at Fram's site.
Anybody know of a different site.....or has Fram quit giving out all that info????

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Filter info site?

At least I thought the site I had last year was Fram.com or something. Anyway, the site I'm thinking about was absolutly loaded with info. on all kind of filters as well as all kind of specs. on filters. Using the specs. they had available, a person could see what filters would screw on a fitting, dimentions, what year the filter fit certain vehicles, X/references & interchangablity, etc.

I've lost all my bookmarks & can't find that really good site now.
Anybody know of a site that would give this kind of info?

Boy! I wish I'd have printed off some of those specs.......

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try fleetfilter.com. they were a sonsor on one site for a while. they are a dicounted place to get NAPA filters (WIX) and have a lot of info.

Fast Burn

Reaction score
I have heard that Fram Oil Filters fall apart. Is this true? I bought a load of them at the store for $5.00 a filter and I don't really want to return them but I have been reading some other posts and people are complaining that the filters literally fall apart form the inside.

I need more information and more people to confirm this wasn't a fluke (like one in 5,000,000)

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding overly blunt, Fram filters have a reputation for being garbage. I'll occasionally use a Fram air filter, but I will never use a Fram fuel or oil filter. The internal end-pieces on Fram filters are paper, instead of the metal end-pieces that you'll see on other brands. There's also FAR less filtering material in each filter, meaning that they'll get clogged up that much faster. I've seen this first-hand...I've also heard that the filtering material that is present doe snot filter to the same level that other filters would.

Just my opinion...I tend to use Motorcraft or Napa filters...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't link to it, but I think most of us read the filter take a part that was done by some unbiased person. They basically bought new oil filters and disassembled them, and described the construction with pictures. Fram was by far the worst.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was using K&N oil filter for the powerstroke, but this time i just got the Mobil 1 filter. It was a lot easier to put on, something about transmission cooling lines running along the oil pan, made it a PITA to get it on and off. But i will never use a fram oil filter, i heard stories of holes being created in the outside casing and all of the oil ran out. The K&N was very nice with the 1 inch nut on the end of it, made it easy to take off. The only problem i still continue to have is my oil filters still leak a little. Just enough to get oil on the bottom of the filter, but it never leaves a drop on the driveway. idk?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hey, where ya been :dunno I was beginning to think that you fell off the planet there somewhere in west Tx. Getting ready to call out the brotherhood search party and mobile malted beverage consumption test division :D

I know the website you are thinking of, it's not your imagination. It was a pretty good one. I stumbled across a pretty nice fram primary fuel filter in a clearance lot from a parts store last year and had to identify it , and did it through that website, but I can.t I can no longer find the link either.

---------Robert

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've taken off way too many Fram filters that were bone dry inside. The drainback valve apparently does not seal.

While this will not affect IDI's it is a general indication of quality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Staff online

Members online