Found this when I pulled the bottom cover off the transmission

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than having to jam the clutch to the floor on take off the truck operates fine. I need it to last 11 more days. Any way to tell that? Lol

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs in the dual mass flywheel are about 1" &1/4 long, since you have that much free play, they are either gone or crushed into little pieces. Bottom line is, you are running on borrowed time, I believe, so no burnouts and baby it on shifts for the next 11 days then..

Hell.. I drove a 66 Ford from Winslow AZ to Kansas City with the clutch welded together cause I couldn't afford to get it fixed on the road and had to get there.. I was younger then.. and braver.. hahah.

Ford builds tough trucks test time...

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if possible I would not even drive it like that...too much damage potential if the DMF grenades

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a luk flywheel and pressure plate id consider selling.depending on location shipping might be a little expensive.cost 60.00 to ship a complete hydroboost system and pedals to towcat by ups ground today :eek: i see ups prices went crazy.fedex any better?

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might find it helpful to google "dual mass flywheel picture". You will find some decent pics of what the insides of a dual mass flywheel look like and instantly understand better what has happened with yours.

I tried to copy and paste some, but the pictures weren't covered with diesel oil and soot so I couldn't make it work.. ;)

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It actually "feels" like a clutch problem. Not that I'd know what a bad DMF would feel like. I am definitely babying it and driving add little as possible.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Sometimes Uncle Sam is cheaper than UPS and FedEx.

They wanted an ID,wanted to know exactly what was in the box(truck parts wasnt a good enough description) i think they even wanted a dna sample from me and my first born child.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They wanted an ID,wanted to know exactly what was in the box(truck parts wasnt a good enough description) i think they even wanted a dna sample from me and my first born child.
^^^^^^ Buy/print the label online. Interesting, though; I've never been asked for ID when shipping at the counter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac