Found the ACTUAL problem

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
called autozone and getting a pump for $27. Think the next thing on the list is a clutch kit being as it's jerky taking off plus a new radiator and thermostat.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
My clutch kit was $180. Only use the Ford thermostat. New rad is roughly $350. Good luck brother.

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all work has stopped on the truck. Grandma just passed away so i'll post when i get to work on it and find out more

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So sorry to learn of your grandfathers passing. My thoughts are with you and your family at a time like this. The truck and this site can wait. Just take your needed time to help others in the family get thru this. Again... Very sorry to hear of this sad news.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss brother. I lost my grandfather in 2003. About a month after I returned from overseas. That was really rough time.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So sorry to learn of your grandfathers passing. My thoughts are with you and your family at a time like this. The truck and this site can wait. Just take your needed time to help others in the family get thru this. Again... Very sorry to hear of this sad news.

gary do you mean grandmother

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the support guys. It's my grandma. Lost both grandpa's, one in 2005, one in 2007.

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went to try to start it tonight with fresh batteries. Still nothing. bled the lines, nothing. The engine seems to have alot of drag now. It started dragging that one night i had mom crank while i sprayed one shot of ether. She let go of the key before it had a chance to start and then started cranking again

Last edited:

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went and cracked the injector lines 2,4,6,8 to see if fuel was coming out. 2,4,8 were noticeably wet but nothing major. 6 was barely even wet at all. Lift pump am i right?