ford v10

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
2000 Ford E350 Superduty Extended van.

I've done all the maintence on it, biggest issue was timing chains/guides/tensioners at 370Kish. Finally retired due to age limitations as it was a limo/livery vehicle.

No breakdowns, biggest repair bill was doing the timing chains at 370K and several fuel pumps. Still had the factory trans, ball joints, water pump...

Used only 5W30 motorcraft oil and motorcraft oil filters ever 5K. The same guy that owns this has 11 other vans, The next oldest is a 01 with a V10 but it only has 400ish last time i looked. (my oil change guy does the service on it, i just see it come in the shop, dont bother to look at the mileage since he comes in every other week)

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I didn't put a programmer on his van, i opened up the intake and exhaust. Biggest thing was ditching the factory Y pipe. Very restrictive. He averages 15 mpg highway (since its almost always on the highway) but usually loaded to the hilt with passengers and a small trailer with luggage.

SCT and a few other companies do make tuners for them but i don't know what they would do fuel economy wise.

tknomaj

Reaction score
Sorry but the best Millage out of My V10 Excursion is 8-10 but that is lifted with 39 bfg's

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
well this guy keeps really good records. he had a 5.4 powered van but believe it or not the v10 gets about 1-2mpg better once you mod it a bit.

tknomaj

Reaction score
Cold air intake, Gibson headers and new exhaust , Diablo programer tuned on Dyno at Superior Automotive.(the boy's who built Elenore) 8-10 mpg Was all she would get . again 39's with 6" lift

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
there's not a lot you can do about the fuel economy. you can throw parts and tuners at it but don't expect much in gains. a light foot on the gas pedal is about all you can do.

the V10s do seem to last a long time though. i just consider my gas bill a car payment since my truck is paid for.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
just got another one of his V10 van's in the shop. 303K on it and i finally put a set of plugs in it. Complaint was his fuel economy has dropped off from what it used to be. Gap was huge! Still ran great though.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
We run strickly V-10s at work in our shuttle buses, they see an average of 800-1500 HARD miles each week. Our buses range from 2002 to 2010s and the oldest are in the 325,000 mile range and they run like a clock. Oil consumption isnt bad, and with a 14 pass shuttle bus body they average about 7-8 mpg. And trust me, they get a beating (think 4-5,000 rpm constantly, holding 4,000 pulling hills, etc...) They are a higher rpm engine but dam they are tough. only real failures were the 02s with the plugs blowin out the heads. Only R/Rs the heads, blocks are all original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online