Ford F250 headlites

frank-id

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was truck lite day. I have made a strip with some relays to control the head lites. I decided to check the lamps and sockets. That was a real experience. One head lite body could not be removed as the up and down adjustment was frozen in place. The socket required is a 4MM of reasonable quality. The other lamp was not installed properly and the socket was partly melted. The lamp housing was removed and the lamp was made to fit. The adjusters were made to work easily with anti seize and WD40. The wiring is not yet complete and a couple driving lites are mounted on the front bumper. The lamp housings are almost $100 each side.
Anyone know of a method of cleaning or polishing the lamp housing front? Are there better thsn factory bulbs? Frank in Idaho

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it your truck is a "bricknose", possibly newer? You can get the headlight assemblies for cheap pretty much anywhere - junkyards, craigslist, ebay... As far as bulbs go, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra is about as bright as you can go without an HID conversion. I personally run two Sylvania XtraVision main headlights and two 100W Sylvania H3 driving lights the driving lights by themselves are just as good as the low beams, so with both I can see darn near every crack on the road. I also have two more driving lights to wire up, those are gonna get the 100W H3 treatment as well, should be pretty sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online