For You Guys Looking for a Brownie

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
calvin, grab it up. bring it with ya to the rally!!!!!!! i will buy it off ya!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
$400 with the shifter is a good price, and that looks like one of the aluminum case models ;Sweet

wmoguy

Reaction score
Man I wish this could made to work with an automatics and do it well. I'd have a brownie in a heartbeat. Those gear vendors are just too rich for my blood.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Man I wish this could made to work with an automatics and do it well. I'd have a brownie in a heartbeat. Those gear vendors are just too rich for my blood.

There's a few guys who have installed teh things behind slushboxes. THey just use them as a range selector like a transfer case ( need to be stopped or near stopped to change ranges,) but it gives you a whole different combination in each gear. If you are really good at shifting without a clutch you could shift while moving while hooked up to a slushbox

wmoguy

Reaction score
There's a few guys who have installed teh things behind slushboxes. THey just use them as a range selector like a transfer case ( need to be stopped or near stopped to change ranges,) but it gives you a whole different combination in each gear. If you are really good at shifting without a clutch you could shift while moving while hooked up to a slushbox

On this box in particular how would I determine my actual final drive ratio if I had a 4.10 rear end and the brownie was in overdrive?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
On this box in particular how would I determine my actual final drive ratio if I had a 4.10 rear end and the brownie was in overdrive?

At one time I calculated out most all the brownie and rear end ration combinations, but , I've slept since then and can't remember how the heck to do it, but I think gear vendors has the formula on their website.

wmoguy

Reaction score
At one time I calculated out most all the brownie and rear end ration combinations, but , I've slept since then and can't remember how the heck to do it, but I think gear vendors has the formula on their website.

Thx I'll check it out! Do you know what the overdrive gear on this is? .84?

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm lookin into movin my engine rearward in the MH so I can put a aux trans in behined my 4 speed allison for more road speed, only need a 2 speed though, Just thinkin on it right now....:dunno

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thx I'll check it out! Do you know what the overdrive gear on this is? .84?

If I knew what model including the letter at the end it was, I could tell you the exact ratios it has in it and everything else about it.

ctp13

Reaction score
Not to Hijack the post but I have a brownie and shifter id sell have no ideas on what it came out of can take pics of corse Its not an al Case though .

Located IN Plymouth CA 20 Miles East of Sacramento iv had it for 10 years never installed as i bought an 88 7.3 with a GV in it right after i got the brownie.

Was Keeping in hopes to put it in a mercedes 309D I had but lost my shop space ...

so who wants a Brownie I believe its 20 under direct and 20 over.

Chuck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online