For those of you with a ZF5.......

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
/URL]
if you want to see the difference in the pedal assemblies...there was a guy that posted in al (riotwarrior)'s thread over on fullsizebronco.com for the firewall reinforcement. he took some nice pics of a 92-97 pedal assy

Here ya go...this outta give u an idea...scroll down and looky see near the bottom for the 92 up pedals, there is one small thing...some are stamped steel and then there is the nice cast unit...

[URL="http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186116"]http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186116

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really, the E4OD is in perfect condition, I just want a manual.:D

1990f2507.3

Reaction score
sorry this is not related to the post but i have a question about these zf5's mine and every other one i have ever drove rattle when in first or reverse at an idle with clutch out moving slowly... i have heard guys say this is normal but im not sure... i always thought it was the t case but my buddys 2 wheel drive does it also so its gotta be the tranny

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could have a SMF.

Well guys I picked up everything today! Its great. I have a DMF and it looks real great. The guy and his friend told me to get a new clutch kit. Is a good clutch kit LUK(thats what they recommended)? If so, which one is the right kit?

Pics coming of Wheels, tires, crossmembers, tranny, etc.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one have wiring diagrams regarding the neutral safety switch? Also the 4x4 and back-up lights? Thanks

Also, where do I get a column piece so I don't see the auto shifter hole?

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
My neutral safety has been disconnected for ever, I can start it without stepping on the clutch, I used it for something much more useful than a clutch safety, I wired it to a hidden dead man switch.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not stupid but my brother drives the truck too and I would loose too much sleep hoping that he would press the clutch every time he starts it. If he left it in gear, wouldn't it just take off?

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Oh yes it will, happen before. Luckey me I always left it in 2nd so the starter doesn't have enough juice to make it move enough before you notice.

If it would of been in 1st though, of boy, good bye garage door :D

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it the simple way. I had a donor truck the same year as mine when I did the zf swap. There was a limegreen plug under the brake booster on both my automatic truck and the zf truck. I unplugged this on both trucks, this is the tranny/transfer case harness. The hardest part is getting the wire holder loose that is on top of the frame rail. Took my automatic harness out, plugged the zf harness in, and that's it. The zf harness has the jumper for the neutral safety switch and everything else matches up, including the different sensors on the manual tranny. Plug and play, no wiring diagram needed, no spliced wires, etc.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well well well, another E4OD bites the dust to a ZF5 I see :D

LOL had to say that!

My Expedition E40D just lost the battle for survival to a ZF 6.. there are smarter things to be done than throw a dollar at the DAMNED abortion of a transmission.