Follow the Thunder Pickle

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Short and to the point, have videos, will post after landing. Compressor discharge port capped, so no wastegate. Egts at 22, 1100 and no black smoke, db2 is maxed out.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything more than 12-13 psi without an IC isn't a waste, yes, it is going to be hot, but, if it didn't still make power than it wouldn't be common place amongst OBS PSD and first gen cummins guys, let alone most of the pulling trucks. Yes, intercooling will help drop intake and exhaust temps and probably make more power, but, even with heated air, it is still adding cylinder pressure.
Yes, the turbo is probably outside of it's efficency range, but a Non I/C Cummins H1C is well outside it's efficency range pushing 40 psi on a 5.9. Yes, a bigger turbo will make cooler air and probably more power, but it will still work.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks like the pickle has made it to Virginia. I'm guessing tomorrow the final destanation wil be had. I looked at the map. I tried the hybred option and you can see a truck or car on the highway... Kinda neet....:sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... I never thought about the pickle breaking down there. Today the truck is still in the same location...:eek: Been like that for 19 hours... We need an update... Hopefully this was the final destination and all is well...:D

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
One good thing (well a little bit good) is just ahead of him is Wythville,VA. I used to load up with as much fuel as I could -sometimes 150 gals- its the cheapest fuel in the far East that I could find from Fl to Maine.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still on 81 for 20 hrs. Lets hope there wasn't an accident. Update Update needed.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
I made it, the pickle is doing great, I had to get sleep.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sleep is for *******! real trucker's pop uppers and grab another gear! Eff the log book, we are rollin'!

Glad to hear you made it. Since the last sale fell through on my ATS, I may be following in your footsteps til I get the 401 gone through and installed.

Black dawg

Reaction score
ok, a litlle math
12psi at 2800rpm =230deg at 80%(best case) compressor efficiency. flow at 500cfm

22 psi at 2800=360deg at 60%(wost case) efficiency
flow at 710 cfm
these numbers are not 100% accurate, but give a general idea.
the compressor efficiency numbers are a guess, without having a compressor map, but wouldnt be to far off. compressor efficiency could be much higher than the 60% I figured at 22psi, but I wanted to show the worst it could be.
so 10 more psi above 12 added 130 degrees and 210 cfm.
If somebody is good at figuring this stuff out, please do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online