fng f'n new truck thread

LPRS

Reaction score
greetings from nor cal.
looking at seriously purchasing a '92 F-250 Custom 4x4. It's a lwb std cab w/ a 7.3. i am basically buying this truck because of this forum :D.
it's obvious that the truck needs some love (has 212,000 on the odometer) but it's almost perfect because it has window cranks and a 5 spd(power windows/locks suck or maybe i'm just cookoo).
the truck also already has the ip turned up and i test drove for a day at prairie city ohv park and it runs real nice. used it to pull my buddies 97 psd out of the mud, did it no problem :cool.
its an old farm truck and a work truck but i work on a farm and as a fabricator/mechanic i need a work truck. i think we're a match made in hell.
i am collecting p/n for everything i need and will post full updates in this thread if i can procure the pickup on tues. thanks for your help and all of the info on this site.

future oilburner LPRS

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the parts bin for the #s you might need. if you've read enough to buy one of these trucks you probably already know about their pitfalls and strong points. Welcome and good luck with your "new" aqusition.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, welcome aboard.

This is the best IDI site period! Good guys and good advice.;Sweet

Heath

LPRS

Reaction score
IT'S MINE!!!

allright guys, i just bought the truck, so i'm hitting the local napa to start work this weekend. it runs like a top, but i do not want to do anything more than routine maintainance for a while, so a complete diagnostic inspection and minor rebuild is in order. like i said before, lots of pics and info as it transpires, starting with info about the truck.
1992 F-250 Custom 4x4
no a/c, bypassed heater core
zf5 speed manual
lwb std cab
cool saddle blanket seat cover

what do i want/need for my new truck?
want:
kingpin dana 60 front swap
4" lift w/ 35" tires
cd player and speakers
headache rack and bed tie downs

need:
as of tonight i am ordering a pyro kit. period.
with 212,000 miles on it i am pretty sure the ip, lift pump, injectors, clutch, slave cyl, radiator, tie rods, bushings, etc all need to be replaced just for peace of mind. i have heard there is a guy in sac who knows idi's who can time my ip, plus i will turn it up. the truck will also be 3" straight piped w/ 3.5" or 4" tip exiting in front of the passenger rear and k/n air filter. i will also do a full fluid and filter change, maybe replace a few gaskets, we'll see after we take a gander.

as i said before, i will post pics, p/n's and a final build cost at the end.

so let's get started ...
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

LPRS

Reaction score
well, i had to put the truck on hold for a couple weeks because i am working too damn much, but while i was collecting parts i also ended up buying an '88 F-350 crew cab long bed 4x4 with a fuel injected 460 and auto trans.
so far i have changed:
waterpump
thermostat
heater core
added coolant filter
glow plugs
clutch linkage bushing
added water temp gauge
added pyro (need to install the sensor)
oil filter and oil
fuel filter
air filter

next weekend:
dana 60 front swap
bed swap
new bench seat
4" lift and used 33" bfg atko's

when i can find some time off in june and july:
injectors
return lines
straight pipe to 4" tip coming out at a 45 deg
black headache rack/bed rails
custom black front bumper with warn 9000 lb winch
modified black rear ruenel bumper
rat pack tool box
new paint scheme: white with a mossy oak shadow grass stripe

thanks to everyone for their knowlege and insight, it has made this project a breeze.

oh yeah, icanfixall is the **** for being featured in dp!

LPRS

Reaction score
quick update ...

i've been working too much to completely finish the truck, but i just added some beat to the old beater! cookoo traded a 100 gal diesel tank for a 2 10" mtx box/speaker set up, and a jvc cd player and a 500 w amp and a front bumper winch mount. i will try to remember to take pictures, but right now the truck is at the farm and i am not, at least for a couple of hours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online