fixing wiring rats nest

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
help with gremlins (fixing wiring rats nest pics heavy)

You must be registered for see images attach

the sweet econoline i got parts from

always hot wires are no good

replaced with new blade atc blade fuse box

im at the library to upload pics because smarts phones aren't so smart or is it me that's not smart phone smart ?

Last edited:

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i guess im not smart, that took three times to get pics . when im all done ill post more pics

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno but I like the latest edition of Photobucket app for smart phone...allows me to load pics directly to album of choice and copy IMG tags etc, truly usefull compared to previous version. Do you have the APP???

Looks like quite a project where did you get the truck? I think I've seen it for sale a few times.

Cannot wait to see it all done. Keep up the pics and work and posting!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I need lots of encouragement to tackle any wiring issue. I have tested and looked for nearly a year trying to find a battery drain on my 79 C30 chevy truck. I really don't want to sell it with the drain going on but probably will have to. I have removed every fuse and still have not found the drain. Every piece of electrical connecter has been looked at too. Some days its not draining and the truck can sit for a month and be fine. I even replaced the ignition switch thinking it was staying on but nope.. Same thing... I'm not smart enough to find it and may just take it to an auto electric shop I know of.

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My encouragement was mostly I didn't want my truck to burn to the ground and I have ocd when it comes to backyard hack jobs.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I need lots of encouragement to tackle any wiring issue. I have tested and looked for nearly a year trying to find a battery drain on my 79 C30 chevy truck. I really don't want to sell it with the drain going on but probably will have to. I have removed every fuse and still have not found the drain. Every piece of electrical connecter has been looked at too. Some days its not draining and the truck can sit for a month and be fine. I even replaced the ignition switch thinking it was staying on but nope.. Same thing... I'm not smart enough to find it and may just take it to an auto electric shop I know of.

Just a WAG, but every single time I have had that problem, it has always been the radio.

Silly question, but have you been using a DMM to monitor the drain as you play with fuses?

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dash is back in finish butting up and new 31 series batteries and misc. Tomorrow