First 12 valver

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
Come on you guys with the best engine ever made, where are you?
I've got most of the answers if you've got the questions.

Last edited:

Max Power

Reaction score
Tell me why is it the greatest engine ever made? Why is it better then 24 valver?

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Max Power
Tell me why is it the greatest engine ever made? Why is it better then 24 valver?

The 94-98.4 Dodge Cummins Turbo's used the Bosch p-7100 injection pump. A pump that hardly ever fails! Granted I have heard of a few failing, but I've heard of 10 times more lift pumps failing on the poorly designed fuel system of the 24 Valve Cummins. Granted the 24 Valve has "a little" more from the factory, you can turn up a 12 Valve Cummins for MUCH less and not have to worry about expensive repairs *when* your lift pump fails.

That's just a start, but I'll get off my soapbox now! :D

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
My feeling is the 12 valve Cummins will go down as the most reliable, trouble free and longest lived engine to ever be put in a pickup.

Traveler

Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind, If it has broke...I fixed it...needed to be replaced...I replaced it...etc. I have a lot of answers and some part# to hard to find parts that Dodge thinks are
unserviceable, ask and I might be able to help

Originally posted by infidel
My feeling is the 12 valve Cummins will go down as the most reliable, trouble free and longest lived engine to ever be put in a pickup.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Originally posted by infidel
Come on you guys with the best engine ever made, where are you?
I've got most of the answers if you've got the questions.

Bill is that you? Anyhow, I'm a diesel idiot, but I'm learning! I read ya'lls posts, then spit them out at people who ask me about my truck. :D

CHarlan

Reaction score
TPC-- Ya MUST put the apostrophe in YALL between the Y and the ALL.... Makes it Y'ALL.... I learned that in school here in Texas.. Just thought I would help ya out!!! hehe

-Chris-

BigSix

Reaction score
I'll have to admit, my '95 2500 reg cab SLT Laramie was a sweet truck. Sometimes I wish I would have kept it. It would be paid for and pushing 200k miles. Probably one transmission and some tires and brakes kind of stuff but no where near ready to retire. It was white with silver center band and grey inside.
I cranked the star wheel over a few clicks (30) to give it better umph from the get go and I was happy with it performance. It was ornary but felt strong like hard work wouldn't hurt it. We pulled our travel trailer to the mountains with it and even with only 160hp, it did a decent job.
My '98 12v 5sp/4.10 was a pulling beast! But too dang noisy at 2500rpm all day long day after day running 70 in 5th. It had the new hydro boost brake booster and there was never a TSB offered to quiet the vibration noise in the cab like on the new '03s. At '89k miles I traded it for another auto/3.54.
Now I'm having good luck with the 3rd gen. Time will tell!:cheers:

DieselDood78

Reaction score
I know enough to get myself into trouble....on about anything...trucks, women, cars, women, snowmobiles, women, and especially women.

Maybe I should stick to the inadimate things.....I'd be in less trouble, with more $!LOL :cheers:

DD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online