Firewall cracking, popping, finally reinforced it with terrapinmfg.com, thx Jason

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a major shout out to Jason and TerrapinMFG! I ordered the firewall reinforcement kit last week and received it in the mail this morning. I waited until my son went to bed then started tearing the ole girl apart. It is very straight forward. I only had to slightly tweek the bracket to get everything lined up.

My firewall was cracked running out both bolt holes from the clutch master cylinder and the transmission was very hard to get into second and reverse without grinding the hell out of the gears. First was damn near impossible. I installed the firewall plate and just got back from a test drive. All I can say is WOW, what a world of difference. I can actually use first gear again if ever needed and I have zero issues shifting into any other gear. I do however need to replace my clutch master cylinder rod as it is starting to oval out but that will come in time.....maybe tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Jason :cheers:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Jason makes a fine product. He also makes a very nice injection pump turning tool.:thumbsup:

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that. It is on my wishlist currently but before I purchase that, I'll be doing the heim joint mod for the clutch rod.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed! Those brackets have been a godsend since Ford gave up on them.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed! Those brackets have been a godsend since Ford gave up on them.

Yes I agree and more than likely they where a contracted out run that after *** years where deemed no longer needed...shame that vehicles have become disposable like that.

This is not conducive to recycle/reuse what so ever it's run it, crush it buy new to replace it...DOH

Ya Jason makes one hell of a fine product...there's a funny story about those...but that's a whole different thang!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online