FIR Fuel Saver

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a FIR Fuel Saver, for that matter even heard of it. I was told that my friends van has increased an extra 80 miles per tank and his suv increased an extra 4 miles per gallon. I've been trying to read up on it and found a few items. They are all from Australia and Europe. I am going to try it soon but I want to read up on it more first.

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it and I wouldn't buy it either, from what I can tell from the web site all it does is heat your fuel line with Far Infra Red light "FIR", just another waste of money in my opinion, and not to rag on your buddy but it has been proven that when people want to see a change in something, mpg's for example, that after they buy these products they also change their driving habits as well which is why they think the little gadget worked and it was really them driving more efficiently, if I wanted to get eighty miles more per tank I can do it, right now I am sitting at almost 500 miles exactly for both tanks (27 gallons total, I know broken pickup tubes) which is about 18MPG, I have hit 600 +/- 10 miles twice when I was doing my little "experiment" on my driving habits (55 MPH on the freeways, starting slowly, and never braking unless needed by anticipating your stops) and put in 28 gallons both those times and I think I got about 21 MPG when I did that but I got real bored with the whole 55 thing and not throwing smoke out either. So with that said if you do buy it do not change how you drive and then tell us how it works, the only thing I can think this may do minutely is when it does heat the fuel if it does is make the density of it lower thereby making the car run leaner due to fuel being injected by volume not weight so there is less fuel burned per cycle but modern FI engines should compensate for this as well, oh well just my view of it.