Finally solved a few issues but new ones have poped up

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Maybe. Or it could just be normal for a obs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Not normal lol I know to many of these trucks I've got 2 my buddy's got 5 and I know a few more mines the roughest running one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Nah.
But the early trucks do actually run rough compared to a newer 7.3.

True lol the bad this is is my 94 powerstroke only runs on 5 cylinders and it idles smoother then my 96 lol I think we've got a total of 10 obs powerstrokes runnin around. All straight piped all pretty much the exact same stuff done to um and they all sound completely different and idle and drive different[emoji23] granted mine has a 5 inch and the rest are all 4 in exhausts so of course mines different but still lol. It's crazy how the same trucks can run so different

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Little update. It's been runnin great but it seems like when it's warmer it takes longer to start and is kinda gutless.any ideas? Still gotta change the injector back to the ab code this week also

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Long hot start is usually hpo related (injector orings, rail plug orings, worn hpop, or ipr orings and/or Solenoid)

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Long hot start is usually hpo related (injector orings, rail plug orings, worn hpop, or ipr orings and/or Solenoid)

Alright I'll do some checkin.ive been wantin to put new injector orings in so I'll get that down

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I do believe my hpop is about done. I seen I had a pretty good oil leak and got to lookin and it's in the valley of the motor.it might not be the hpop but that's what I'm leaning towards.which could explain why it's gutless when it's warm and starts harder warm

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well....
First I had the hpop gasket leak (or so I thought)
When was putting the oil lines back on, I thought I stripped the fitting going into the hpop (obviously not, or it would've blown out lol) then the orings in the fittings leaked.
Being tired of fighting it, I replaced it. Get ahold of corey at cncfab and get the mb diesel hpop. (If you do end up replacing it)
They do have a weep hole. Also the ipr can leak, the end cover, and the non-serviceable plug.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well....
First I had the hpop gasket leak (or so I thought)
When was putting the oil lines back on, I thought I stripped the fitting going into the hpop (obviously not, or it would've blown out lol) then the orings in the fittings leaked.
Being tired of fighting it, I replaced it. Get ahold of corey at cncfab and get the mb diesel hpop. (If you do end up replacing it)
They do have a weep hole. Also the ipr can leak, the end cover, and the non-serviceable plug.

I was gonna get a adrenaline but that's a way better price even with the core charge lol what all do I need to look at to see if it's my pump leaking or what

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well clean it real well, then have someone else clean the spots you missed, then you clean the spots he missed. Repeat 3x. Lol
Then just start it and use a flashlight and inspection mirror.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well clean it real well, then have someone else clean the spots you missed, then you clean the spots he missed. Repeat 3x. Lol
Then just start it and use a flashlight and inspection mirror.

10-4 I'll do that

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
If it is the hpop, it'll show pretty quick.

There was quite a bit of oil in the valley pan I just started noticing oil leaking today but it don't look like I've lost any I'll check agian tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7