Finally solved a few issues but new ones have poped up

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Welp I haven't gotten around to doin a single thing to her expect I had to replace the starter cause I don't have 4wd on the Idi since the d60 swap and it started snowing so I needed a truck to drive. But I did get another oring kit for my oil cooler it was 9 bucks felpro brand so imma try and redo it agian and see if I can stop my water lose.also a guy over on powerstrokearmy was having the same problem as me with his truck runnin great when cold but terrible when warm and they were suggesting the upper poppets being worn. What do y'all think.imma try a new computer here sometime just gotta go pick it up from the guy that's gonna let me borrow it and see what that does. May not do anything but hey I'm not out any money to try it so why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I would try the IDM before the pcm. But won't hurt to try both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Already changed it didn't change anything.only reason I was gonna try a pcm is I'm kinda wondering if my chip may have fried it. Somehow it went into limp mode one night

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That could be a uvch problem.
Not much else can cause limp mode.
But, a chip frying the pcm is a possibility.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
That could be a uvch problem.
Not much else can cause limp mode.
But, a chip frying the pcm is a possibility.

Well there's was absolutely no miss it just wouldn't go over 30 mph and wouldn't rev over 1800 or 2k.i couldn't even pull my driveway in first so I hit the brake kept my foot on the gas some and went to stick it in 4l and it came back to life.idk if me holdin on the brakes did it which I can't see but so far with my luck if it's highly uncommon to happen it'll happen to me. Or if I let off the pedal some and it came back.i litterly can't catch a break on anything I own lol.i was gonna swap the Idi out for a cummins but so far the Idi is the only motor that runs good. I messed the ppump up on the 12v 2 weeks after I bought it cause it ran outta fuel above e.then I broke the crank in my log loader which is also a 12v.maybe I just have bad luck with cummins[emoji23]
You must be registered for see images attach
little off topic but oh well

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well may have made some more headway on it today.went to put some injectors in it from the motor I just bought and I started with the passenger side.turns out it's got aa injectors on that side. And I'm retry sure it's got ab's on the other side.or atleast acouple.but I'm gonna try and get the sludge out of the engine before I put these injectors in I may just swap motors.the one I picked up is supposed to have brand new heads and stuff.is there anyway to start it on the ground.i was gonna pull the pan and check out the bottom end and pull the heads and make sure they weren't rusted.it had alittle bit on the rocker arms but nothin major.the turbo wasn't even froze up so I think it should be fine

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Be pretty hard to start one on the ground, unless you maybe a custom harness for it.

That's what I thought.were gonna throw a start on it and do a compression test on it before I put it in.probley gonna put a stage 2 cnc hpop on it so I can put bigger injectors in it down the road

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
So before I go and put this new motor in I wanna figure out some stuff on the motor that's in the truck. I'm loosing coolant somewhere and I really don't think it's goin in the engine.i do have sludge in the engine from my own stupidity but my oil isn't milky really. The coolant systems holds pressure for acouple days.is that normal.i replaced the oil cooler o rings a few months ago and I wasn't loosing coolant before that I don't think