figured id ask if this was a good price

Reaction score
7.3 would have been stock, but this thing is clearly anything but that. Means he built the engine, then swapped it.

Lots of toys on it, but that would make me leery, personally. Also, the line about being 'saved from the scrapyard' probably means heavy collision damage at some point in its life.

Mike

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most scrapyards around here immediately crush heavily damaged vehicles. If it's in the yard, it's likely straight. Maybe it's a regional thing?

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iunno 7500 way to over priced and it has 7.3 on the windshield ?*** oh well well around here they like to hold on to anything even if its been damged to the point the bed and engine are still good just waiting to pull it for a customer oh well i figured id give it a go on here see what yall thought

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
things I'd want to see before considering buying it:
1) dyno test sheets
2) a realistic price

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he has receipts for the parts that went in and on the engine and if the truck is nice and clean the price doesn't seem bad to me. You can get 2-3K in an engine rebuild real quick. Around here a 92-94 unmodded diesel can bring 3-4000 if it's clean. So with all the mods that adds to the value. I do agree DPS parts are suspect and in my mind will need replaced sooner than later. If they work now leave them, but plan on swapping them out.

So did you look further into it?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DPS pump 90 cc compared to stock 40..LOL turbo cal pump is 90 CC *****...DPS stage 1 dribble sticks Uh...ya smile and wave boys...smile and wave...goodbye!

Over priced and filled with superfluous DPS craptastic parts and well...I just doubt the whole thing...sounds like Larry the leisure suite used car salesman pitch!

JM2CW

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is with all that work and money and time invested, why is he selling it? Well unless he needs to pay off all the debt he racked up building it. If I put that effort into a truck like that (and it is actually what he claims) I would just drive it and start another project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhill5353

Members online