FASS water separator?

1992camarors

Reaction score
Could I run one of these on my truck, I have removed the old original water sepator and I"m redoing my entire fuel system since rust won and I would like to mount one of these on my truck. Can I do this? Also I need to know how to remove the front brake calipers, its a dually if that heldps. My front left one is tied up.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing. I think the part you ask about is the same one that is used on the Chevy/GM 6.5 diesel. It looks like a good unit. I've gone back and forth between doing that and moving my current 6.9 header to a different location so I can use the larger NAPA canister for the DT466/360 that incorporates a water separator and drain and is completely replaceable. Do you have a stock fuel pump or an electric? I use electric and am strongly leaning toward doing the fuel filter relocation.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
as far as the brakes go, there should be two sliders that kinda look like this <> at the top and bottom of the caliper. pull them out and the caliper should come off.
chris

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have rubber in them, so when you hit the pins, tap them out gently and evenly. They are kind of barbed on the ends. That's all that holds them in! Scary as it sounds, it works great though. However, this may not apply to your model year. If yours is like the Moose Truck, you will have a single bolt you need to remove on the lower part of the caliper. It is a small one, that retains the lower slider. Remove the bolt, and tap the slider out. It will all fall apart then. Be sure to clean and re-lubricate all the parts with disc brake caliper grease when you re-assemble.

Last edited:

1992camarors

Reaction score
Thanks I do have the one with the bolt, everything came off as you described. Back to the FASS water separtor, could I use one of these on my 6.9?

Diesel-Dan

Reaction score
Thanks I do have the one with the bolt, everything came off as you described. Back to the FASS water separtor, could I use one of these on my 6.9?

You could but you will need to still use a fuel filter. The WS-1001 (FS-1023) is a 144um strainer/separator. Dont quote me, but one could get a FS-1000 from FG and that is a 10um filter/water separator. AND they do make heads for these.......

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
You could but you will need to still use a fuel filter. The WS-1001 (FS-1023) is a 144um strainer/separator. Dont quote me, but one could get a FS-1000 from FG and that is a 10um filter/water separator. AND they do make heads for these.......

im quoteing u on that one u can eventually im going to put an fs1000 and a fs5319 on my truck but the heads are like $15 but thats with our pricing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online