Factory ATS downpipe vs stock 99' PSD

Reaction score
I am swapping my oem ats crushed downpipe to a 99' powerstroke unit. I took off the heat shields and couldent believe how restrictive that is!!!

Even though its a stock superduty downpipe, it is 3"....which is plenty for an old IDI

You must be registered for see images attach

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
no, the strokers use that 90*bend at the top, ours is built into the outlet of the turbo.

Reaction score
Nope, I had to cut it off right after the 90deg bend. Basically I used the V-band flange from the stock downpipe and welded it after I cut the 90 off. Worked great. I did notice a power difference going from that crushed downpipe, 2.5" exhaust with a flowmaster to 3" all the way back straight piped!

sounds way better also. Now I just got to make a good cold air setup to eliminate the ats airbox

Edit: Oh, and the stock superduty exhaust is larger than 3"...Probably 3.5" because a 3" pipe can fit inside of it!

zpd307

Reaction score
yes, the super duties use a 3 inch downpipe which turns into 3.5 inches. other than cutting off the bend on the sd pipe, did you have to do anything else to get it to fit?