facet dura lift pump question

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Engine vibration is a killer. This is the reason I believe we have the olives in the fuel lines like we do. So far nobody has been able to explain why we have them. the leak but they break the vibration trace too. That check valve is a very important item on the top of our enjection upmps. Its also the fuel shutoff. When the fuel shutoff solenoid is energised the arm kicks open the chack valve. When the power drops off that solenoid the valve closes and stops fuel flow. that kills the engine. I do not know what the fuel pressure in in that area of the injection pump but. Just after that valve is the return lines where the pressure is maybe 1 lb or even less. Its mostly a gravity drain back to the tank. In the tank is another flapper valve on the end of the return line. Its the red looking item. Some small boats have a much larger one on the transoms to auto bail the bilges. when under way the water pressure pushes on that valve and the water drains out. come to a stop and it closes tight so no water creeps into the boat.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
That's the pump I put in my truck. I've had nothing but wonderful luck with it so far. No leaks, and it does lose a little pressure across the system (I mounted a gauge right before the IP). Plus I put it on a toggle switch so I could change filters easier.

And this is a better price than what I paid. I got mine from that place in Milwaukee, WI which had it to me the next day, but for $8 more than your price.

What gauge/setup did you use for the fuel pressure reading?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use one that mounts inline on the fuel line after the pump but before the fuel filters. It's been checked with a calibrated meter I have so I know it's giving me the correct reading. When I flip the switch on the pump, I read 7 lbs without the engine running. With the engine running, it's about the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online