facet dura lift pump question

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the specs, it seems the min-max pressure is a little high. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe our engines shouldn't have more than 7-9 lbs pressure.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They offer plenty of different pressure pumps. Our fuel system uses the 4 to 7 psi range best. I'm thinking only the 40237 will not work simply becaue its the 24 volt pump. They all pump 33 gph. If I had to choose I would run the..
40285 because its 4 to 7 psi
Then the 40303 with 4.25 to 6.25 psi
Then finally the 40223 with the 9 to 11 psi rating.4

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys....couldn't remember the fuel pressure these engines operate the best with. Should have just asked that i guess...:rolleyes:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you picked the right one.the specs on the one Doug used to sell are these 4 focal points:
Voltage: 12 Volt
Minimum Shut Off Pressure: 9.0 PSI
Maximum Shut Off Pressure: 11.5 PSI
Gallon Per Hour Flow: 33

as stated in the group buy thread,pressures are seen to be lower than actually listed so it was decided the one with these specs works best.it's been tested the timing advance in the ip messes up when higher pressures are used,but these specs work flawlessly for everyone who has run the pump (minus a few with air leak issues and waste motor oil burners.)

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get the 40223, don't think the 9 to 11 PSI would hurt any thing, might even be beneficial, your going to get a pressure drop across the filter, every fitting in the discharge line creates a small drop in pressure, the more fluid you can pump through the IP the cooler it's going keep it. It's been said these IP's can operate up to 11 PSI, with no ill effect, after that, it's said higher pressure can change the advance. I don't believe you will ever get 11 PSI at the IP.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at that one too. I'm with Oldbull on the pressure thing. I can't imagine you won't loose a psi or 2 to the system on a pump whose free flow is 33gph has got to loose a little going through 1/8 npt fittings and the fuel filter. I have read a couple threads where folks have been worried about starvation so bumping up a pressure range may not be a bad thing if you are running a hotter pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i was thinking about the pressure...newer trucks benefit from it so why wouldnt ours? On the other hand would it cause leaks in the fuel system somewhere??? Im thinking return lines but i may be looking at it wrong.....

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The problem is the internal timing advance of the pump. Next would most likely be injector caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the pump I put in my truck. I've had nothing but wonderful luck with it so far. No leaks, and it does lose a little pressure across the system (I mounted a gauge right before the IP). Plus I put it on a toggle switch so I could change filters easier.

And this is a better price than what I paid. I got mine from that place in Milwaukee, WI which had it to me the next day, but for $8 more than your price.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These are about the best upgrade to our fuel delivery systems ever. I realize how well the oem mechanical pumps run but. When it comes time to change filters or pumps or injectors an electric pump is much easier on the starter. No long cranking secession's to purge air from the fuel system

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pumping higher pressure thru the IP (9 PSI) as opposed to 2-4 PSI to me is beneficial, the more fluid you can run thru the IP, the cooler it will stay. Look at the output fitting of the IP, it is very small with a check valve in it, see pic's. So the more fluid pumped thru there without exceeding the 11 PSI is beneficial. The check valve acts like an orfice, and the pressure is going to drop across it to the return line, that should not exceed the sealing of the o'rings on the injector caps.

1st pic--hole size of fitting that screws into IP outlet (IIRC 3/16")
2nd pic--check valve fitting that screws into IP outlet
3rd pic--assembled fitting that screws into IP outlet

Attachments

• DVC01676.JPG
    DVC01676.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DVC01675.JPG
    DVC01675.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DVC01677.JPG
    DVC01677.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 9

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info guys....gonna get one soon before i do my engine swap. The studded 6.9 i have, already has the block off plate so i was wanting to stick with a electric pump....now just gotta make the wife happy so i can get one...:D I see what you are talking about oldbull8...it makes sense, more fuel means cooler running pump. I want to mount it somewhere under the hood but heard on the other thread not to attach it to the engine cause of vibration.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online