F700 cab

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to drive a dump truck one of those at my first job. I'm pretty sure it had a big gray ford diesel engine in it with a 6 speed manual. Reverse was right next to first and there was no lockout rolling to a stop. I remember the dash being the 80s style too. I've never seen a crew cab one though, that's awesome!

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those welds on the floorpan do look odd, you might have an upfitter built cab, like Centurion did when they built their crew cab F150's, they literally cut apart a reg cab and welded on the required parts to make it a crew.

The only hand laid welds in my 96 crew are where the b-pillars meet the floor on the interior side, everything else is spot welded.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so too that those weld seems are very odd, but judging by the look of them, they have been there for a long time. If not Centurion then someone with good skills have made the modifications, because the sheet work and those welds doesn't look bad at all.
Autumn is coming here and hope it doesn't rain too much on the weekend, so i could weld those rocker panels and get this project started...