F-53 chassis engine fan clutch part number

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
A little off topic here but I thought maybe one of you would have a parts book and could find the Ford part number for the cooling fan clutch for me . It is a 1994 F-53 motorhome chassis with a 460 gas engine. Ford discontinued it, but with the part number I may be able to find one in old stock. Thanks.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My book is for 85, but it should at least point you in the right direction.

I come up with E4UZ 8A616-A listed for E series with AC; E3TZ-8A616-L for F series w/o AC & E3TZ 8A616-P for F series w/AC. Also notes #E3UA-VA; #E3TA-NA; & #E3TA-UA for each number above respectively under the description column in the book - not sure if this is some other id number.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 F53, after a long hunt the only option I had was the dealer. But anyways,After calling NAPA and all the other shops nothing else was exactly right. That said I bought the closest thing NAPA had, and it engages 10-15 degrees too soon, or more. So it's running 60% of the time minimum, more in hot weather.

So, I'll be ordering from the dealer for the correct one, which is AU2Z-8a616-p. The unique number in that which makes it the right one according to the dealer is the "8a616" portion. The bad news is... $251 for it. Good luck if you manage to find a less expensive option that both fits and engages at the right temperature.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh... I also have my old "bad" clutch just because of all this pain. I can see if it has a part # on it too.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than "97" the only other thing stamped on the original "bad" clutch is "L-45".

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I have a 97 F53, after a long hunt the only option I had was the dealer. But anyways,After calling NAPA and all the other shops nothing else was exactly right. That said I bought the closest thing NAPA had, and it engages 10-15 degrees too soon, or more. So it's running 60% of the time minimum, more in hot weather.

So, I'll be ordering from the dealer for the correct one, which is AU2Z-8a616-p. The unique number in that which makes it the right one according to the dealer is the "8a616" portion. The bad news is... $251 for it. Good luck if you manage to find a less expensive option that both fits and engages at the right temperature.

Yes, the parts store one comes on at about 215 and goes off at 210. It cycles like crazy. I never seen the temp (with mechanical gauge) higher than 220, the owner said it hit 230 pulling the hill on interstate 90 coming up from the Missouri River, But I drove most of Iowa and never seen more than 220. The part store ones are cheap but it is such a pain in the but to change we just want to put a Ford one on. Also a/c gets warm while idling leading me to believe its not pulling enough at idle either. When you get the Ford one on let me know how it works. Do you have a mechanical gauge? Super simple to install as the sending unit on this on was on top of the manifold, 3/8 npt, drill a 3/4" hole on top of dog house working through hole were gauges are after removing them. We put it were the LP gas gauge was that never worked correctly and it has one on the LP tank anyway.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
AU2Z-8a616-P is correct part number also it is a motorcraft - yb-3160 which i googled and it is much cheeper than the $238.64 the dealer quoted me

Ransom

Reaction score
Using my first post to bring a 3yr old thread back to life doesn't bode well I know :)
But this is the only reference to E3TA-UA I have found.

I have an 86 F250 460 w A/C. The clutch I took off has E3TA-UA stamped on it.

I see above that E3TA-UA == E3TZ 8A616-P

So does AU2Z-8a616-P == E3TZ 8A616-P ?

In which case is YB-3160 is correct for my application?

A dealer told me YB-452 is what their book showed but I can't find a place to cross-reference motorcraft numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online