extra cooling?

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the core size, spacing, and number of fins is really what determines efficiency in a radiator. I have a 3 core aluminum, this exact one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-ROW-ALUMI...350-F250-F-SUPER-DUTY-V8-DIESEL-/350704451159

Does your radiator cap work and build up pressure? The the top hose gets hard in a couple minutes but no bubbles in the coolant resevoir right?

Yes i believe you are right, that fin count and core size is more important, icanfixall had some numbers on fin count in past threads. If i remember correctly the autozone radiator is also down on fins per square inch. I just remember other people having issues with this radiator and it not working really well. Since everything else seems to be good to go I would guess that is his problem.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys. It's a 2,3,4 row radiator.not core.the core is the area that contains the tubes and fins. A radiator has 1 core.

The 2r radiator works well.its two 1 inch tubes and is better than our original 4r copper radiator

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radiator shop, need an old school shop.
My yota 4x with a 22r read 2.4 l
Cost me 6 bills.
NEVER GETS HOT!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back from my trip. The cummins overheated a bunch too. Just my luck. but it made it and got me back with some cooling rest stops. this is what my radiator looks like https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-cu1165/overview/make/ford/model/f-150
where are people finding 4 row radiators for our trucks? Radiator hoses get hard and no bubbling.
i have that radiator in my service trucks. no turbo, crawls over CA17, but doesn't overheat.
seriously speaking, you need to address your torque convertor issue before spending any more money on your cooling system.

rockcrawler_101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: i installed the new tq converter towcat got me. That made a huge difference in towing. I dont have to have the truck floored to go on flat ground when towing my jeep. I also installed a all aluminium 4 row radiator. When testing today with it being 90 degrees out the truck never got really hot. Would only get slightly above 210. I also bypassed the trans cooler that goes into the radiator. I have three air cooler for the trans and now the trans never got above 200 degrees on the hot side line of the trans. I wish i had done this setup from the start. On a side note i put my divorced np 205 in so i now have 4 wheel drive.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys. It's a 2,3,4 row radiator.not core.the core is the area that contains the tubes and fins. A radiator has 1 core.

The 2r radiator works well.its two 1 inch tubes and is better than our original 4r copper radiator

I agree....

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-08-15 08.31.05.jpg
    2016-08-15 08.31.05.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 58

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger