Explorer overhead console

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Any interest in Explorer overhead consoles like the one Alienturtle did in the tech section for the IDIs? I have access to quite a few, most are gray in color with the garage door button/cubby holder. I can get the bracket and temp sensor as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much you thinking about selling them for?
That's a fair question...I've put some thought into doing this, but I can't decide whether or not the benefit is really worth spending the $$ and time. Knowing a price would be a good start...and, some might pay extra to get it pre-modified.

I take it this would be difficult/impossible to find in black? :angel:

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a fair question...I've put some thought into doing this, but I can't decide whether or not the benefit is really worth spending the $$ and time. Knowing a price would be a good start...and, some might pay extra to get it pre-modified.

I take it this would be difficult/impossible to find in black? :angel:

Not with a can of Krylon Fusion Plastic paint. The stuff really sticks well, especially on something that doesn't see a lot of wear like this.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I have to see what a good price is, i dont wanna rip anyone off and ask like $150 but i do wanna make it worth my time to get em, clean em, n ship em. I was thinking $75-85 including the bracket, as much wiring as i can get and the temp sensor plus shpping...thats anudder thing i need to figure out as these are an odd shape lol.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Would there be any interest in having these pre-modified/pre-fitted for install?

And no, sorry not available in black but they di disassemble so the base (colored part) is free to be painted.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be interested, but again, the big question is price. As far as modifying it beforehand, that is definitely something that I would appreciate; that's really an art form and I'm not much of an artist LOL (same reason why I don't think I'd be any good at auto body work)...but, how long would it take, can a consistent result be achieved, and is a price that fairly reflects your time/effort on par with what people are willing to pay? I'm asking these questions as a generalization.

This may seem like a silly question (I don't think I've ever looked at one of these things with my own eyes), but are all of these consoles identical, or is there one variant with a garage door opener in the back and a different one with a sunglasses/whatever holder? Or is the garage door opener setup meant to be multi-purpose? I recall seeing some garage door opener compartments that were really designed for that specific purpose and weren't conducive to using the compartment for anything else, hence the question...

Thank you again :angel:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you do know (seller and buyer) to get the price range of these,you only have to look on ebay.they're sold on there by the dozens all the time.not to step on anyone's toes,but since everyone seems so unsure.that could help get the ball rolling.
iv kinda been thinking about one of these myself,but decided to build my own out of wood like in the cents i think.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where on the Explorer is the temp sensor? I picked up one of the consoles at the JY, but couldn't figure where sensor was . Thanks.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im semi-interested if its ready to go. This has the compass and temperature on it right? Let me know what you could do it for shipped to 97305. Might fit in a flatrate box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk