Exhaust manifold bolts??

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I went and bought another 97 F350 CCLB yesterday and it has a leaky manifold on the driver's side.

The leak is around the rear cylinder's port.

I need to remove the manifold and would like to put new bolts in it. Where's a good place to get them, for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
I just got some today from a local bolt supply house 10.9 grade I think they was like $.50 each. I went to a hydraulic shop and got some viton orings for the turbo for $6 Ford wanted $194 for them

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I just got some today from a local bolt supply house 10.9 grade I think they was like $.50 each. I went to a hydraulic shop and got some viton orings for the turbo for $6 Ford wanted $194 for them

Wouldn't happen to be Fastenal would it? Do you have the thread/pitch?

Thanks!

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
I went and bought another 97 F350 CCLB yesterday and it has a leaky manifold on the driver's side.

The leak is around the rear cylinder's port.

I need to remove the manifold and would like to put new bolts in it. Where's a good place to get them, for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

did you just try to tighten it? the same thing happened to mine, just needed to be tightened

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I pulled the wheel and tire... Found out that the bolt is simply gone.

I took a small screwdriver and put it in the hole. From the manifold to the bottom of the hole, is 2"

I wonder if it simply needs a new bolt...