Exhaust Kits?

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any exhaust kits for our trucks that are header back aside from the dynomax 19430? I don't like how low it hangs, and dont feel like doing much fab work if im going to buy a kit..?
If not, what would be the most efficient setup for NA applications? 2.5-to-3-to-muffler-to-4?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.5 to 3.5 straight is plenty add an muffler if you want or glass pack some guys are love the sound of that

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyno max is the only one I know of.
That's the kit I used when I was still NA it sounded good. But like mentioned hangs entirely too low.
3 in piping to 4in muffler and tailpipe. Is what the dynomax kit was.. I liked it.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Appreciate the info, I wish the dynomax wasn't so low hanging, I do like the system, but oh well.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought a chunk of 4" pipe, a 4" band clamp, the prebent dynomax 4" tailpipe and built a 2 1/2 to 4" adaptor. it doesnt sit nearly as low as the kits do, although i do need to get it to aim more straight out rather than at a slight upward angle

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Since our IDI's dont rely on scavenging as much as other engines, I may go with true dual leg pipes, any input on that?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just go to a Truck Pro or other heavy truck parts place and get a chunk of pipe, some band clamps and a straight through big truck muffler and enough pre bent pieces to get it out the side in front of the rear tires and you will get off cheap and it will sound great. Take some heavy wire ( or a bunch of straightened out coat hangers ) and pre shape the system so you know what you need

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run true duals on the Moosestang. They work great. As for kits, Autojet always seemed to have a good one.