4 Inch Exhaust Build Plan

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
So i have pretty much finalized how i want to go about upgrading the exhaust on my truck.

Due to my recent radiator problems on ebay i have decided not to get the '94-'97 PSD system i had been looking at.

What i am going to do is......

Banks downpipe #52103. It will be much easier than upgrading a PSD dp.
Buy a 3inch>4inch adapter.
Get a section of 4 inch straight tubing. preferably stainless. If anybody has the length from end of dp to the start of the tail pipe that would be great. i can always measure mine though.
Probly get the 4 inch dynomax tailpipe from Napa.
Finish it off with a nice 4inch>5inch bevel cut tip.

the thing with the tailpipe though is that it does not appear to come out at a 90 deg like the factory set up. that really does not bother me when it is summer time, but in the winter i have some mudflaps that i put on the back of the truck and it looks like the flaps would be constantly hitting and rubbing the tip and tailpipe.
does anybody know of a 4 inch tailpipe that comes out at a 90 deg like the factory set up?

I figure it will cost me roughly $250-270 for everything.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem I have with my dynomax tail pipe is that the hanger it has has the pipe sitting wayyy to low.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i guess you could cut a section of the hanger out and then weld it back together. the only problem then would be that the tailpipe would be higher than the rest of the exhaust.

Any pics that anybody has of the dynomax tailpipe would be great.;Sweet

TangTonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first thing I want to do to my truck, and I was planning on going the same route with 4". I have the banks down pipe ready to go, just need the rest. I'll be looking forward to hearing some input. Btw, seems like Summit has better pricing than NAPA on exhaust parts.

91flatbed

Reaction score
You might want to check out alligatorperformance.com, they have a 4" kit for the 94 - 97 psd made by diamond eye exhaust. This kit has a 2 piece 3" down pipe that goes into a 4" just under the front of the cab. Took me about 2 hours to remove the old exhaust and reinstall the 4" kit. It come with the clamps and uses the factory hangers. If you already have the banks downpipe, the kit would be a great way to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin