Ever have one of those days?

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had some speedometer issues which was caused by a transfer case that was pretty much *****. I found a brand new in the Borg warner box 1356 on craigslist for 100 bucks and yesterday started the swap.
I grabbed a small drain pan expecting a couple quarts of atf. So I pull the plug and drop it and as it rolled clear up under the front bumper I then realize that the front seal was bad on the case and it was completely full.
By the time I got a rag stuck in the hole I had about a gallon of silver sparkly atf in my armpit and down my chest.
It felt like the first time changing transmission fluid when I was 14. Dad said take all the bolts out and handed me a screw driver and then stood back.

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda like when I had a major brain fart moment changing oil...drain oil, replace plug. Remove old filter while draining. Pour in new oil, fire up to circulate and fill new filter to get proper level reading. Realized that 40 PSI of oil is quite alot when it comes shooting out where the new filter SHOULD be....LOL!

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i installed my new lift pump, which made a world of difference on my truck. positive
then on the way to work ran over a loose lane divider reflector and cut the side wall open
on my almost new ltx ms/2. negative
balance?

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best is every time I pull an auto tranny - you end up making a mess at some point, either pulling the pan to drain it or having it tip too far back or forward trying to pull it without draining. And yet no one put a factory drain plug on an automatic tranny until... after 2000? It kills me... so many years of auto trannys, so many people servicing them, so many ATF baths... and no drain plugs...

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens to all of us who actually work on their own stuff lol. One time...on a previous truck...I removed drain plug to change oil and put a fresh filter on and forgot to put drain plug back in. Wasted about 3 quarts of synthetic oil right there. Guess that's a sure sign to put down the beer and focus lol.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm in the process if an EGR delete on a 6.oh-no, I don't think I have ever found working on something so frustrating in my life!