Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These threads are fun, you really find out a LOT about people in them. :popcorn

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Reminds me of a saying about arguing on the internet and being in the Special Olympics.....;Poke :popcorn LOL

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Meh, not as bad as my buddy who will state to the day he dies that his grandfather's 02 F250 has an Allison tranny in it, and that it came from the factory that way. He also tells me that his old 1990 F250 with the idi came factory with a turbo on it.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
haha, you guys are funny.

Just to clarify, I was no longer arguing with anyone, I was simply explaining the car and answering some of the questions about it.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, what do you think is wrong with those stripes, because I painted it myself and they are to correct specs for LeMans Shelby stripes.

Lemans stripes are only on the 65 and 66 models. In the states they were "dealer installed options" not factory on the 67 and 68 models. On your 68 you should have the side stripes with the "GT 350" portion centered between the front wheel opening and the front edge of the door. The lower edge of the bottom stripe should be 1/8" above the bottom of the door.

I think you could very well have a '68 Shelby de Mexico GT-350. If so it's time to take a serious look into a correct restoration even if it takes 20 years and $50,000. The car is extreemly rare with only 203 produced and god only knows how many survivors. Even rarer to have one in the states as no shelby de mexico was imported into the US until 1986. The car could be worth at least $100,000 or more restored today, what will it be worth down the road $$$$$$.

It's time to pamper it not punish it.

This is a '67 model but it's what the '68 should look like and it's the only shelby de mexico notchback pic I can find.
You must be registered for see images attach

No argument here, just a debate which is civilize arguing:D

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
No argument here, just a debate which is civilize arguing:D[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

The cars original color was white, and yes it had remnants of the stripe under the door when we first picked it up. My brother thought a long time about putting that back on it but decided against it because he didnt like it.
The one thing he REALLY kicks himself for doing was selling those wheels. They had the cobra center caps on them and everything! We're still friends with the guy that has them now, but he's pretty much said he wont sell them back to us. He's got them on his 68 GT500 convertible.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
You know, I'm mostly a Firebird guy rather than a Mustang guy, but them Shelby's are damn fine. I personally would LOVE to have a 67 GT500 with the same color scheme as Eleanor.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You know, I'm mostly a Firebird guy rather than a Mustang guy, but them Shelby's are damn fine. I personally would LOVE to have a 67 GT500 with the same color scheme as Eleanor.

Amen to that, that Eleanor car in Gone in 60 seconds (the remake) is killer. I will build one eventually.

rubberfish

Reaction score
These threads are fun, you really find out a LOT about people in them. :popcorn
I might like to take him up on his wager. :)
I work at a local diesel performance shop. ;Really
Bring it on 6 Nebraska IDIs. Bring it on. :fight:
Hell. I was going to twin it anyways. :rotflmao
Hell, the worst that can happen is I'll lose. :thumbsup:
Won't be the first time I've been beat by a Ford. ;Poke

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might like to take him up on his wager. :)
I work at a local diesel performance shop. ;Really
Bring it on 6 Nebraska IDIs. Bring it on. :fight:
Hell. I was going to twin it anyways. :rotflmao
Hell, the worst that can happen is I'll lose. :thumbsup:
Won't be the first time I've been beat by a Ford. ;Poke

Bob, You might have a chance with the 185 powered shopping cart:rotflmao

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey justin, since there is no WVO in your neck of the woods why dont you just run WMO? It is less work, and it doesnt eat up our old rubber fuel hoses? I cant image all of the WMO is called for also? It wont react with the steel tank also. there is more than one way to skin a cat, plus you can then **** off the nature lovers as they watch you put used motor oil in your tank. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat