Emergency injector line

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Mid west fuel injection carries the new lines and you can always have a part overnighted to just about anywhere in the country ( I say just about because I was broke down on vacation in BFE west Texas one time and they were so far from the nearest airport that *overnight* meant 3 days :rotflmao

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having spent (5) days in Rawlins, WY a couple years ago waiting on a steel line ....

I would want one - just in case

On any given day I can be a few hundred miles from any parts store

Again - thanks for the tip and I checked out their store
for IDI parts and they have some new Delphi injectors
at a very reasonable price for what I assume are BB codes

Jim

Jim that line would be great for you, let me know if you want one as I am ordering from dipaco and I think I can beat that price
However they are also out of new delphis I called them to ssee if their supply was any better couple weeks ago.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Are u talking about that injector line Russ? If so count me in if the price is better (even a few bucks).

What i like about this is, it seems to be reuseable. I dont carry many spare parts, as my box is filled with mainly wheelin stuff and the like.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are u talking about that injector line Russ? If so count me in if the price is better (even a few bucks).

What i like about this is, it seems to be reuseable. I dont carry many spare parts, as my box is filled with mainly wheelin stuff and the like.

51+5shipping

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I think I'd tend to side with Gary on this one. It looks a bit shaky. Aren't all the injector lines a specific length? Doesn't that length help to insure the proper timing of fuel flow into each cylinder? None of the lines on my truck are 4 1/2 feet long, so I think that, in conjunction with the possibility of flexibility with each fuel impulse, might significantly change the timing for the cylinder involved.

Or does that matter that much?:dunno Maybe?? In an emergency, maybe it might work.

All the lines are the same length. They may make them specific length to your engine

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I dont like them a compression fitting will get ya home for 5 bux.been there, done it.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought it was interesting. I didn't order one, but it might get you down the road until you can get it fixed right.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill tell ya what I want to know, how are you guys replacing lines on the side of the road?? I have been lucky enough not to have had to mess with the pump or inj. lines yet, but after looking at them I dont see how you could get the lines off at the pump without removing it (pump)??

It looks downright impossible to get a wrench on most of them??

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For some of the members here the line removel is easy but.. They have that "special line wrench" that is found in the rotunda tool kits.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some of the members here the line removel is easy but.. They have that "special line wrench" that is found in the rotunda tool kits.

Basically a curved open end wrench but "made" specifically for IPs right?

Ive seen those for sale individually but I still think it would be a bear to get to them even with that. Mabye Ill invest in one.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lines come off plenty easy with a standard wrench, BUT, you have to loosen them all in order from top to bottom on the pump working down each side, done it quite a few times, and I wouldn't be bothered with some fancy wrench unless it was cheap and or free to use.