Electric Fuel Pump

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tons of treads regarding electric fuel pumps. I was wondering, has anyone ever tried a Ford factory in tank e-pump designed for gas engine with a pressure regulator?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Tons of treads regarding electric fuel pumps. I was wondering, has anyone ever tried a Ford factory in tank e-pump designed for gas engine with a pressure regulator?

Why would you want one? Then you have to drop the tank to replace the pump.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about the longevity of factory Ford parts, readily available replacement parts, plastic tanks. Parts for gas powered trucks are going to be easier to find as these trucks age. Shower heads and fuel level sending units are already an issue.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about the longevity of factory Ford parts, readily available replacement parts, plastic tanks. Parts for gas powered trucks are going to be easier to find as these trucks age. Shower heads and fuel level sending units are already an issue.
I'm sumping both tanks, and high pressure warbro. Metal tanks weren't hard to find.
That's nothing outside the box but not what you see everyday and what I think is best performance to maintenance ease. Also many people use gas only parts, like the on frame filter heads and certain pumps.

I like outside the box though.
To answer your question I think it's tougher to find oem..as in yes its easier to go to a parts store and get a repo but I rather a universal warlbo over a parts store replica oem. But you can do universal in tank sump kits for EFI. And also kits that draw through the straw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone did tank sumps here a few yrs back...
Likely overkill but why not?
I still think the fear of filling the engine with fuel is misguided.
Would not the effin dash lamp trigger?
Would not the "operator" note the lack of power?
I dunno

Last edited:

nhwrench01

Reaction score
I may be way off here, but i think most "in tank" pumps are for EFI.
that would mean, hi pressure. or at least more than our idis need. (4-7) i think...
you could run a regulator inline, but with all that work that's involved,,, why not go with a holley red?.. right psi and more flow ( gallons per hour) than you need, ( unless its really built)..
just my .02