Electric fans?

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Anyone running them? I've got some time off this week and I was thinking about heading up to the junkyard to scavenge a Taurus fan. Do you think I would see any power gains over the stocker?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
I dont know about more power but those fans move some serious air. Iv been thinking about doing the same thing not that I need to though.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I dont NEED it, but they're cheap, move tons of air and it would take some drag off the engine

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Geo put electric fans on his PSD. Do a search in the PSD section for it I think he was more than happy with the results.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm.... guys, we have a couple of Electric Fan articles right here in the Tech Articles. I'm running them, and Geo is. Don't think anyone else has done it though.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
But your truck has too many mods to make a difference, and geo wasnt running a fan at all for a while. I was looking for a seat-o-the pants dyno experience.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran two fans off a mid 90's GM something or other, Gran Prix I think, 4 dr POS car, 3.1 was the motor.. they were pullers from the facotry, I ran them as pushers on my 300/6 Bronc, very happy, and pushers on my 6.9.. very happy.

That truck later suffered a Headgasket.. but I was not with it, so I can't finger the fans.
Cooling system mods to that truck were the pair of efans, a 6.5 Radiator.. and thats all.. I towed 0-6,000 all over the Valley, climbing not climbing, stop and go etc. no problems, never more than a third of the gauge.. I loaned to the former owner.. and he smoked it pulling a 4 horse with 3 horses and two half horses (colts) in it 180 miles one way, flat and mountainous.

Fans?
Not the Fans?

He also smoked his 460 on the same run 6 months later.

Friend of mine who picked it up said it was minus all vital fluids... cept fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online