effects on timining and boost?

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
I had my ip off yesterday to fix an oil leak and I turned up the pump 1/4 turn, 3/4 alltogether and put my pump back on. I set the timing back as close to last time as possible but i'm seeing 10 psi now instead of 12-13 any ideas. the pump may be turned to the passenger side a hair and I also it rattles less at mid range rpms any thoughts.

Headerpower

Reaction score
Lots of black smoke now? maybe too much fuel is cooling the exhaust not giving as much power to the drive side of the turbo??

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much fuel would cause higher EGTs...not so sure about the timing how it would effect boost. You might try getting the thing timed at a shop 8.5* BTDC @2000 RPM by the pulse method or 1.5* ATDC @1400RPM by the luminosity method.

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at prairie international and he said they always set them right to the marks and did nothing else. but I can definitly tell a difference in boost #'s and noise with just very little rotation. does anyone have a meter forsale?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sounds like the timing is slightly retarded. advance it a bit(towards pass.) And see what that does. You can get these this pretty close by ear if you listen to them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online