Ebay thermostat, I dont think its right, need help

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just recieved this in the mail, box says international with part number 1801191C91 but the stat its self says "180deg" on it. So this right or am I over reacting, trying to post pics

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a photobucket account then upload the images then copy the IMG link into the thread...simple

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is not what it should look like, that huge cylinder thing is wrong. I got a Motorcraft one but it's probably just a reboxed International and I would think they look the same.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do an advanced search for Tech 101 in keyword choose title and my name as user name then scroll through list for thermostat replacement and you will find what you need for images as to what the correct tstat looks like

What you have IS NOT IT!!!!

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I googled the part number and this stat is for a Kamatsu tractor :/ Know to try and return it and get the right one

Riot- ill looked you up and know what to look for

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The gold bottom one is the correct motorcraft

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep it simple go to FORD or go to IH and pay the premium...now you pay to return it to get money back...***?????

That part of ebay is effed IMHO...paying to return their mistake...ebay needs to get that sorted out...where people end up even and retailers have to foot the bill for their stupidity!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Al how very true about f up ebay return policys. Why should a buyer be out any funds for another sellers mistake. Now as has been posted, this questionable thermostat is clearly not the correct item for our engines. The fairly close example from china is close but thats it. I recall that member posting this had a stat problem. When he opened up the housing it was found to be nearly in 2 pieces and was very close to complete failure. Don't cheap out in this area ever. I do understand buying something thats a good deal on ebay but. When its not as described.. Well its protected and sent back.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine on RockAuto, just use the catalog to select your truck, and choose the MOTORCRAFT one. It came in a new box, clearly the Ford part, and I only remember paying...$20 I think?

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will be interesting to see how this all works out. Seller had a few of these for sale and the t-stat in the pic is correct. Here is the ebay add

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221222392689?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Pic is right, iteam number is right, how do you ship a product without checking it, and if one is an odd ball wouldnt you take to time to figure out why. Im already fristerated as hell dropping money on a new Rad, and VRV and Vac mod, along with everything eles I have done lol. Truck was supposed to be done last week, but I guess its better to fix it know with the right parts then cheap out and have to do it again latter diwn the road.