Ebay Injectors Help

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I do understand that injector talk has been discussed many times now. I just had a few questions in regards to the injectors offered on ebay. The injector manufacturers offered on ebay include Pensacola, Accuratediesel, Mylex International, Dieselogic, and DCP products. I do understand that Pensacola and DCP injectors are prone to issues reading the other forums. So what about the other manufacturers??? I figured it may be time for new injectors in my truck. I bought the truck with a rebuilt pump @ 100k but has original injectors. Ironically, I am not having any symptoms of bad injectors but have read the gains of power and efficiency when they are replaced. I hear it is standard to change these injectors at around 100k and im at 160k. Also, if I were to put new injectors in, would I have to get my truck professionally timed??? Oh and almost forgot, I am also running used ATF for my primary fuel source and hydrogen injection for anyone wondering. Any help in response to injector brand and timing recommendations would be awesome. Thanks Guys
Ian

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically when installing new injectors on a slightly used injection pump, does it also need to be timed?? I apologize if this seems like a dumb question :dunno. I am still somewhat new to this engine and am not sure how it will react to new injectors.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the recent post by Typ4, he has some sets of new Delphi BB code injectors that will be pop tested before shipping out. Good guy to do business with and a good product.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally i would go with mylex i talked to them on the phone and they regrind them and pop test them they sound good to me if i was gonna buy some i would go with them. haven't tried them but just my 2 cents. but another option you could do if your pickup isn't your dd and you have a pop tester is send the tips to mylex and have them reground only 7.50 a tip then set the pop pressure on them when you get them back. and yes your engine should be timed after injector change.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for kicks I called pensacola about a week ago and asked what code injectors they were and if they pop tested before sending them out. His response was bb and yes. Nothing more and nothing less. I couldn't get him to explain much and it just sounded like I was bothering him. I dont think they are code bb and also dont think they pop test them, knowing that so many others have issues with that company. I will look into Mylex and accuratediesel. But does anyone have info on whether or not I will need a timing adjustment after I install rebuilt injectors??? And if so, will the timing be retarded or advanced after installing new injectors???

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But does anyone have info on whether or not I will need a timing adjustment after I install rebuilt injectors??? And if so, will the timing be retarded or advanced after installing new injectors???

will be retarded cause of higher pop pressure in the new injectors vs the old ones the pump takes longer to create the pressure to make em pop thus retarding your timing.

Puller

Puller
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to re-time after an injector change. The injector controls the spray pattern and how much fuel is allowed into the cylinder. The injection pump controls duration & injection timing. Now if your still running stock timing I have heard it is beneficial to bump the timing to the 9 or 9.5 degrees of timing.

I just ordered a new set of BB's from TYPE 4 because he seems to have a good rep and he pop tests them. I would rather order from a person here on a forum that contributes on a regular basis to help people then a company I know zero about.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys and "puller", you do have a very good point about the injectors and ordering them from somebody you know. Out of curiosity, why is it beneficial to advance the timing to 9-9.5 degrees? And what is the stock setting supposed to be at?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since your hiding your truck engine, don't know if it's a turbo or not a 6.9 or 7.3. A turbo engine is set at 9 -9.5 an NA is set at 8 - 8.5. Injectors are usually set at 1850 PSI but could be set higher for a good rebuilt pump to 2000 PSI. With new or rebuilt injectors, it's always best to retime the IP for the most efficient operation. Yes, stay away from Pensacola, just my experience with them. New Delphi BB code are not much more expensive than rebuilt.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops I apologize about that. Its an 87 f250 with the 6.9 idi non turbo. And thanks for the advice I will stay far away from pensacola.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoops I apologize about that. Its an 87 f250 with the 6.9 idi non turbo. And thanks for the advice I will stay far away from pensacola.

Put that in your signature, makes it much easier and and accurate to answer post's. No apology needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online