Early Or Late 92???

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at injectors and GPs and am wondering how to tell whether my truck is a "early" or "late" 92. How to tell??

Also, what other differences in regards to maintainence (inj, GPs, IP) between early or late?? Just want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Thx, Jon

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the door tag. An early is usually made the year before, ie: 09/91, and late would be ie: 03/92. Something like that.

In regards to the IP, injectors, GP's and GP controller, it prolly won't make a difference wether it's early or late.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have never heard of a early or late 92 truck. As far as a pump or injectors it really doesn't mean anything because anything will fix and work. Its common knowledge here that a set of Bb code injectors will wake up any idi engine. A pop tested and matched set will work even better. Delhpi is about all we can buy any longer and they are made in mexico. Most sellers have a back order on them so if you find a set buy it but don't spend more than around $250.00 for 8. Some ebay sellers are asking $400.00 per set... They must be wearing a mask selling them that high....Someone might be telling you the wrong information on the early and late issues.I have not heard of this ever.:dunno

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked several of the sites/links provided in the "DPS thread" and almost all of them mentioned early or late 92 and something about having a serpentine belt or not, in relation to which injectors/GPs/IP to get??

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Early 92 had V-belts, Late had the serp.
Late had the torque screw, and E codes.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines got the serp and the date on the inside of the door says 3/92 so I guess mines a "late".

Just wasnt aware there was any differences in the fuel system/ignition between years?

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe there was a difference in what code injectors they came with new from Ford and a differnce in the torque screw on the pump like someone above said but I don't think that matters when your replacing the pump and injectors now. Everyone is saying BB injectors for any IDI now, wish I had known that a month ago when I bought 8 new G codes for my 94 IDI turbo but oh well I'm rich so I'll just buy some new BB codes! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online